Installing 10.6 on D-630

denmanjum

Thank you Hervé! That's the display finally working at the correct resolution.  :)

Now, any suggestions on how to get my naughty trackpad to behave?  :?:

*Update - I've got the trackpad working. I remembered something about disabling two fingers to scroll so I did so in the system preferences and now it's working properly. Yay!  :D

Now all I have to do is put the owners apps and files back for her.  :o

• Administrators

Try the attached kexts in /E/E then run myFix (quick). Needs a light finger to move the mouse pointer; a heavier finger does scrolling within the active page (by rolling up/down your finger tip, finger heavily down, without actually lifting the finger).

Archive.zip

• Like 1

• Administrators

Use the attached fake STAC9205 pack; it's normally available as an option in EDP.

Copy both kexts to /Extra/Extensions, then run myHack->myFix (quick). You should immediately gain audio without even needing to reboot.

FakeSTAC9205_pack.zip

Please note that Chameleon is a bootloader and KextWizard a tool to manage driver installation. They do not provide any form of hardware support per sé.

• Like 1

Yet again I am in your debt Hervé. That worked but I did have to reboot.  :)

So, finally I have a working Hackintosh for my friend. I've never had so much difficulty with one before and I could never have done it without all of your support. Many thanks for your help and patience.  :D