Which bootpack should I use?

MaxSteel

Hi guys,

I'm preparing my usb drive with myHack with Mavericks, in the meantime I was searching for a bootpack compatible with my system. It's an Asus N53S(V), but it has some differences compared to the one for which you created a bootpacks. Can someone tell me what to do?

My specs are:

• Motherboard : ASUSTeK Computer Inc. N53SV
  • Chipset : Intel HM65
  • Processor : Intel Core i7 2630QM @ 2000   MHz  (max : 2900)
  • Memory : 6144  MB DDR3-SDRAM
  • Graphic Card : Intel® HD Graphics 3000
  • Graphic Card : nVidia GeForce GT 540M
  • Hard Disk : Hitachi HTS547575A9E384 (750GB)
  • DVD-Rom Drive : MATSHITA BD-MLT UJ240AFW
  • Monitor : SAMSUNG  - 15''
  • Network Card : Atheros Communications AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter (PCIe)
  • Network Card  : Realtek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

If you need other info, let me know.

^Thank you for replying.

My exact system is N53SV-SZ586V. It worked fine with a fresh install via Niresh distro (10.9.0), I had to install only the kext for wifi so I could stop switching to Windows everytime. I've not touched anything else to make it work - apart VoodooHDA that was making a defeaning noise at boot.

I removed OS X beacause I've no time to spend setting it up in this period.

If you're interested, I had the following problems that I couldn't solve:

- I couldn't load the kexts from E/E (I found no way to make them load from Extra folder) but only from S/L/E; at because of this issue I wasted hours to test A LOT of kexts. Everytime I had to enter in single mode and delete/move kext from CLI (sometimes from usb drive...);
- nVidia GeForce card was always running making my laptop very hot;
- no Intel acceleration for HD3000, so Safari was laggy, launchpad laggy and too slow;
- with every graphic kext I found on the web, an istant before reacing the login screen my monitor turned off, I had to press FN+F8 (monitor switching combination) to turn it on and get something like this http://i.stack.imgur.com/Op2se.jpg.
- I had to use any flag at boot to load my system in 1920x1080 (weird, -v flag was enough...).

Honestly, it seems that an installation in VMWare is more performant that a real hackintosh - on my machine, with an half my machine resources.

Probably I'm forgetting something but I can't remember anything else right now.
Let me now if you have a better experience.

(Forgive my not perfect English)

• Administrators

One should never expect great things from a plain distro installation. To me, that installation was just basic and required a lot of tuning to fit the underlying hardware base. That is why Vanilla installations are always better, especially when it comes to graphics and CPU power performance.

Hi Everyone..

So, I also have the N53S.

Then at the bottom it said: MB version: N53SV.

I installed the vanilla version, and then used a folder thats on the internet with all the different drivers.

I have to say my system is being working flawless.

Now, here is my problem. as you all know this machine comes with the resolution of  1366x768.

SO I decided to do the LCD + video cable upgrade and Voila !! I now have 1080 resolution.

problem is that now i cant see my desktop. all i get is video garbage.

I tried the -x flag to get it to boot up and them i could try another Kext but i cant see nothing.

i even tried the -x -v flags with my USB hack install stick but as you can see on the pic the flags do not help.

any ideas ?

post-8535-0-77359400-1398659195_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Hi Everyone..

So, I also have the N53S.

Then at the bottom it said: MB version: N53SV.

I installed the vanilla version, and then used a folder thats on the internet with all the different drivers.

I have to say my system is being working flawless.

Now, here is my problem. as you all know this machine comes with the resolution of  1366x768.

SO I decided to do the LCD + video cable upgrade and Voila !! I now have 1080 resolution.

problem is that now i cant see my desktop. all i get is video garbage.

I tried the -x flag to get it to boot up and them i could try another Kext but i cant see nothing.

i even tried the -x -v flags with my USB hack install stick but as you can see on the pic the flags do not help.

any ideas ?

You have to enable DualLink in your DSDT.aml. If possible, please attach your Extra folder.

Thank you for your reply JAKE LO.

I have attached the EXTRA Folder from my USB boot up stick.

this usb stick worked fine while my computer using 720p resolution.

now that i have upgraded to 1080p i get the garbage color screen.

maybe i can fix my boot up stick first so then i can fix my system.

Extra.zip

• Moderators

Thank you for your reply JAKE LO.

I have attached the EXTRA Folder from my USB boot up stick.

this usb stick worked fine while my computer using 720p resolution.

now that i have upgraded to 1080p i get the garbage color screen.

maybe i can fix my boot up stick first so then i can fix my system.

Patched your DSDT with dualLink. Rename your DSDT to dsdt.aml.old and rename this as DSDT.aml in /Extra. Maybe change you Graphics Mode to your new resolution as well.

DSDT-duallink.aml.zip

• Like 1

Well Thank you so very much JAKE LO.

That totally fixed my machine !!

now i have OSX Mountain Lion running at 1080.

it looks wonderful !

Now let me ask something maybe you know the answer to this.

My machine doesn't show the battery status. i can't even click on the option to show it on the task bar.

I also don't have the option to select CPU Speed like i have on my Dell D630 mackintosh.

Is that because I'm missing some files or kexts ? or is it because those functions are not available on the ASUS N53SV ?

I think i read somewhere that I'm supposed to be using a better kext for my CPU, but i did not want to risk doing something wrong.

Thanks again for all your help.