Which bootpack should I use?

MaxSteel

well thank you for your patience.

it turns out i was not doing right.

so, i rename the SSDT file, dropped in \EXTRA

then drop the kext on \EXTRA\EXTENSION

ran MYFIX, and rebooted.

no panic, but no battery.

then tried the second battery manager file, and that one worked. 

Battery works !!

question. i am getting something weird .. little blocks of garbage on the screen. not too bad maybe two or three. hoping they go away. does it mean anything ?

and second, how do i know if the new CPU power management is working the way its supposed to ? what should i look for ? 

on my D630 i have a menu that tells me speed of the processor and allows me to change the speed. PStateMenu, but when i ran it it says VooDoopstate not loaded.

i didn't want to add that kext from my D630 in case is not compatible.

basically all I'm asking is how can i tell if the CPU works better with the new KEXTS ?

i have iStat menu loaded and it shows CPU temperature at 120 degrees. is that OK ?

=======

EDIT:

something is wrong. the garbage blocks are getting worse. i will do some test and report.

also when battery percentage was at 75 % it said only 35 mins until full. now its at 85% and it says 5 hours until full. battery percentage doesn't go past 85% after hours of charging.

(note the garbage on the screen bottom right of the picture)

thanks again.

post-8535-0-52377200-1398918606_thumb.jpg

post-8535-0-25451400-1398918626_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

well thank you for your patience.

it turns out i was not doing right.

so, i rename the SSDT file, dropped in \EXTRA

then drop the kext on \EXTRA\EXTENSION

ran MYFIX, and rebooted.

no panic, but no battery.

then tried the second battery manager file, and that one worked. 

Battery works !!

question. i am getting something weird .. little blocks of garbage on the screen. not too bad maybe two or three. hoping they go away. does it mean anything ?

and second, how do i know if the new CPU power management is working the way its supposed to ? what should i look for ? 

on my D630 i have a menu that tells me speed of the processor and allows me to change the speed. PStateMenu, but when i ran it it says VooDoopstate not loaded.

i didn't want to add that kext from my D630 in case is not compatible.

basically all I'm asking is how can i tell if the CPU works better with the new KEXTS ?

i have iStat menu loaded and it shows CPU temperature at 120 degrees. is that OK ?

=======

EDIT:

something is wrong. the garbage blocks are getting worse. i will do some test and report.

also when battery percentage was at 75 % it said only 35 mins until full. now its at 85% and it says 5 hours until full. battery percentage doesn't go past 85% after hours of charging.

(note the garbage on the screen bottom right of the picture)

thanks again.

Did the blocks exists before you change the LCD?

Did it exists before you install the extra kexts I send?

You could try different battery kext like voodooBattery to see if it's better for your system, remove AppleSmartBatteryManager2 first.

istat shows 120 degree, is that celsius or fahrenheit? if the latter, it should be fine. Try HWMonitor.app

ok, so i did some googling and found some other battery KEXT.

Battery now shows 100% charged and the blocks of garbage are gone.

yeahh !!!

note: tried to only change applesmartbattery but i got errors so i had to change both apple smart battery and AppleACPIPlatform.

if anybody wants these battery kext i could post them.

the CPU was showing temperature in Fahrenheit. so i guess temperature is ok.

so now finally everything works just fine. 

thanks for all your help !!

one question:

how do i know if the new CPU management is working the way its supposed to ? i mean better that the one i had before ? is there a tool ?

reason i ask is because when you look at the graph for CPU utilization it goes like this :

CPU1, 3, 5, 7 show activity always..

CPU2, 4, 6, 8 activity is very limited. most of the time on the percentage is 0.

this was like that even before i changed the CPU kext with the ones that JAKE LO provided, and still the same now that I'm using the new ones.

when i boot with windows the utilization is always even through out all the cores.

thanks again JAKE LO for all your patience and help !!

now that everything works I'm upgrading to a 500GB SSD and to a dual boot. just gotta figure out how to do the dual boot ...

(even when everything works i still gotta find something to do lol !!)