[GUIDE] Mavericks on Dell Latitude E6420

npjohnson

did you check if the ethernet is disabled in bios.

well i got it to work. was missing the kext so i just added in the kext from jake lo's pack. now its just the volume, brightness, and iMessage plus the other apple stuff like app store :D

• Moderators

well i got it to work. was missing the kext so i just added in the kext from jake lo's pack. now its just the volume, brightness, and iMessage plus the other apple stuff like app store :D

Did you look at the updates on the bottom of the guide? I believe adding HDAEnabler and the new AppleHDA should fix the audio. For iMessage, click on the iMessage link on my signature file below for instruction to fix it. As for Brightness, did you try Fn+F3(scrollLock) /Fn+Insert(Pause)? If that doesn't work, try Brightness Slider.app.

Did you look at the updates on the bottom of the guide? I believe adding HDAEnabler and the new AppleHDA should fix the audio. For iMessage, click on the iMessage link on my signature file below for instruction to fix it. As for Brightness, did you try Fn+F3(scrollLock) /Fn+Insert(Pause)? If that doesn't work, try Brightness Slider.app.

can you link me to the new applehda? i tried the one in your e6520 post but it yielded no results :( my hdaenabler is added.

also chameleon wizard is acting up saying i don't have an internet connection :(

Hi there,

I've had major success following this forum and have pretty much a 99.9% successful Mavericks install on my E6420 2720QM i7 Laptop with HD 3000 and NVIDIA NVS 4200M 512 MB Graphics.

However, I could do with some clarity if the following is possible with the MacOS build:

1. Can both the HD 3000 driver and nVidia card be run at the same time and switched within Mavericks to the preferred one needed?  Currently I have them working separately and I need to go into the BIOS, enable Optimus to get HD 3000 working (which seems to give a bit better battery life (as expected)).  To get nVidia going, I need to disable this again.  I have tried patching with MaciASL, but can't seem to get them both working at the same time.

2.  Based on point 1, did anyone get the external VGA/HDMI working for connecting to a Projector?  Mine is not working currently.

3.  The battery in Windows operates for around 5 hours, however with the supplied smart battery kext, I get under 3 hours.  Unless MacOS uses more battery than Windows?

4.  Lastly, when booting into OS X with IGPEnabler=Yes for HD 3000 graphics, the boot sequence takes noticeably longer, and when I get to the desktop I get a 'Bluetooth keyboard connection' because a keyboard cannot be found, although the keyboard and mouse works fine.

If anyone has any valuable info to share on the above, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Administrators

for number 1 no there has not been any improvements in osx with optimus so you still have to do what you are currently doing

for 2 well number 1 is a no go

for 3 that has to do with powermanegment support in osx. since they're not real macs you have to find a solution that works for your cpu, gpu and smbios. it usually involves modified SSDT.aml tables

for 4 just go into BT advanced settings and uncheck detect keyboard/mouse options.

• Moderators

thanks for the help on point 4.

Such a pity about the graphics and VGA output...would have made such a powerful Mac alternative.

HDMI does work with nvs4200, but not HD3000 for the model with Optimus. 

• Like 1