[GUIDE] Mavericks on Dell Latitude E6420

npjohnson

Passing by to report progress :D

- Clover (r. 2721) successfully installed in ESP;

- EFI device boot configured in "BIOS";

- Changed Wi-fi card (Atheros AR5B93);

The fact is that its all fine...

But, don´t know why i couldn´t get clover to inject the kexts.... so I installed them with Kext Wizard...

Soon I will run comprehensive tests...

Next step is to install windows....

How can I test EIST?

Hello again...

As promised I'm back to share my thoughts...

I realized that EFI, at least when talking about Latitude E6420, is not yet mature... let me explain...

I was succedded in booting and configuring Mavericks (more about it later) in UEFI... so I decided to format my HDD (1 TB) to start a fresh install of W8... main goal was UEFI dual boot in same HDD...

To cut a long story short, I couldn't install W8 by UEFI... After coping W8 files system returned a message about not being able to save something... After a lot of reading the problem was clear, W8 installation could not write NVRAM for some reason...

The weird fact is that I had a W8 UEFI installation... but in the learning process I deleted a "Windows boot manager" entry in BIOS...

I could recreate the entry manually and boot my old HDD... but the same tatic didn't work for installation (if someone know why I would aprecciate an answer)...

After 15 days of displeasure and suffering (lol), I concluded that having a working non UEFI dual boot machine is better than having none... And started to gear up to a more tradicional chameleon OSX installation...

I would work with a dual boot dual HDD chameleon installation...

I was plagued with EBIOS errors and a final error in setup that didn't let me go ahead... even with boot flags there was no way to install OSX again (It was working beautifully)...

Finally, I had an idea! I made a UEFI OSX installation, installed chameleon manually and applied extras and other tips of this guide... Installed W8 via BIOS... and boot both via chameleon...

In the end, I learned a lot, but can´t get a clue of the problem on W8 UEFI installation...

ON E6420 UEFI BOOTING

If you was patient enough to read till here thx a lot... :D

If not, no problem it was just a sad story, the thing is: I have a working UEFI partition... it means that it installs like on a real Mac... with recovery partition and so on...

I don't know how to upload the files to forum, but I would like to return the support...

Thank U all for the support...

PS: Sorry about the english!!!

Hello again...

As promised I'm back to share my thoughts...

I realized that EFI, at least when talking about Latitude E6420, is not yet mature... let me explain...

I was succedded in booting and configuring Mavericks (more about it later) in UEFI... so I decided to format my HDD (1 TB) to start a fresh install of W8... main goal was UEFI dual boot in same HDD...

To cut a long story short, I couldn't install W8 by UEFI... After coping W8 files system returned a message about not being able to save something... After a lot of reading the problem was clear, W8 installation could not write NVRAM for some reason...

The weird fact is that I had a W8 UEFI installation... but in the learning process I deleted a "Windows boot manager" entry in BIOS...

I could recreate the entry manually and boot my old HDD... but the same tatic didn't work for installation (if someone know why I would aprecciate an answer)...

After 15 days of displeasure and suffering (lol), I concluded that having a working non UEFI dual boot machine is better than having none... And started to gear up to a more tradicional chameleon OSX installation...

I would work with a dual boot dual HDD chameleon installation...

I was plagued with EBIOS errors and a final error in setup that didn't let me go ahead... even with boot flags there was no way to install OSX again (It was working beautifully)...

Finally, I had an idea! I made a UEFI OSX installation, installed chameleon manually and applied extras and other tips of this guide... Installed W8 via BIOS... and boot both via chameleon...

In the end, I learned a lot, but can´t get a clue of the problem on W8 UEFI installation...

ON E6420 UEFI BOOTING

If you was patient enough to read till here thx a lot... :D

If not, no problem it was just a sad story, the thing is: I have a working UEFI partition... it means that it installs like on a real Mac... with recovery partition and so on...

I don't know how to upload the files to forum, but I would like to return the support...

Thank U all for the support...

PS: Sorry about the english!!!

To post files click the more reply options and then the paper clip, maybe just zip (right click your EFI folder on your EFI partition and click compress) then upload that zip?

Hi!

I'm back...

Hackbook Pro up to date!!!

Thx for the help....

To post files click the more reply options and then the paper clip, maybe just zip (right click your EFI folder on your EFI partition and click compress) then upload that zip?

Sorry for the delay.....

Ok I have some considerations:

- First my config: I5-2540, 8 GB, 1 TB, Intel HD 3000, 1366x768, BIOS A21

My config.plist was generated using pokenguyen tool named HVT.

- I could't get clover to inject kexts... I did it with KextWizard....

Even installing kexts with kextwizard audio didn't work...

GL!

Krazy_EFI_Clover.zip