HP Compaq DC7100 CMT

TheNuutti8

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... It works now with Apple USB Ethernet Adapter... :-D

If someone could make a MyHack bootpack for 10.6 and EDP support, would try it again, this Hackintosh doesn't use a DSDT, because I have no time for patching one.

Factory specs:

3.0GHz Intel P4 630 HyperThreading , (MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, HT)

Intel GMA900 ----) ASUS Radeon EAH6850 DirectCU v2 (No kext needed in OS X 10.6.8)

512Mb DDR400 RAM ----) 4Gb DDR400 RAM (Maxed out, DDR400 RAM is hard to find here in Finland nowadays...)

80Gb HDD -----) 160Gb Apple HDD, 1000Gb Seagate Barracuda

Broadcom BCM5751 (Not working) -----) Apple USB Ethernet Adapter for MacBook Air

AC'97 Audio (Works with AppleAC97Audio.kext)

I use Nawcom&Co Legacy kernel for 10.6.8

Sleep doesn't work, GMA900 "Gurus" know, if the original IntelGMA900 works with QE/CI...

Scores:

Cinebench:

-CPU score: 0.44 hey, its a godd*mn Pentium IV!

-OpenGL score with ASUS EAH6850: 11.36

Geekbench doesn't load somehow, it just crashes... :-D

I cannot get App Store work. What can I do for that?

It seems to be en2... How can I change that?

edit: Now its en0, App Store says: Laitetta tai tietokonetta ei voitu vahvistaa. Ota yhteyttä tukeen ja pyydä apua.

Translated to English: Device or computer could not be verified. Please contact support for assistance.

How can I fix that?

• Administrators

You need to use a valid Mac model profile, i.e. a SMBIOS plist file. Normally, you would look for a Mac Modelwith specs that more or less matches the specs of your machine (you can use Chameleon Wizard for that), but in your case... it's a 10yr old Intel 915G/ICH6 chipset based dinosaur! By default, try MacBook 3,1 or MacPro 3,1 and see how that goes.

I don't think you'll get graphics acceleration (i.e. no full QE/CI) for that basic GMA900 chip (you'd have to stick to Leopard 10.5 for that). Clearly, there would be no point if your Asus PCIe card is supported. If it's not, swap it for a supported model (old cards such as ATI X1xxx series can be bought for peanuts these days).

Well well well... Got rid of the HP DC7100CMT and P4Hack666.666. I finally bought a Mac Pro 2007 8-) Thanks for everybody, your help was great. Special thanks to Hervé, who was always kind enough to help me with my problems on Hackintoshes. Long live OSx86.