Dell Latitude D620 Thread

vorob

I have the same problem as Uloga. I used EDP 2.1 exactly as described in this post https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/794-mac-os-x-lion-install-guide-for-d620/

as 2.2 doesn't automatically load edptool and I can't seem to work out how to get 3 to install everything to a flash drive rather than my current HDD.

I'll try and remove IOATAFamily.kext later and let you know.

Any other ideas would be much appreciated.

Cheers

I'm still having no luck with my D620 GMA. I've got a desktop hackintosh running Lion 10.7.4 which I'm trying to use to make a boot USB stick for my laptop. If I use EDP 3 I can't get it to install onto the USB stick.

It keeps telling me that I don't have permisson.

I've tried to download it to my desktop but when I transfer the Extra folder to the USB the EDP tool won't recognise that I've installed MyHack 3.1 to the USB stick. I also install it to the desktop to see if that helped.

I've tried doing it from terminal without any luck.

Sorry I really think I've tried everything but I'm sure that there is something crucial that I'm forgetting.

Ps the boot packs that I used didn't have the IOATAFamily.kext in them

hello all, after many tests, and read through the posts in the forum, I managed to successfully install Lion 7.1 on DELL D620 with video card by intel GMA and wireles . The only thing I can not get to work on wifi and audio, I downloaded the latest version of the EDP, but I can NOT run the installation even though I have read and followed the guide 10 times. C 'is another way to install poetr EDP?

sorry for the bad English, I'm Italian.

• Administrators

For audio, try the VoodooHDA (more stable) kext in the EDP menu, not the one listed for the D620.

For Wireless, if you have an Intel card, it won't work, you need a Broadcom (Dell-branded) model. Easily found on a famous bidding web site and for a few $/€ only...