Dell Latitude D620 Thread

vorob

• Administrators

The Dell-branded 1390 card is a Broadcom BCM94311. I'd say there's a good chance it'll work if OS X can be fooled into thinking your 94312 is a 94311, i.e. rebranding.

We should also look at the specs of each card to ensure they're similar.

Does anyone have an up to date guide for installing Lion or Snow Leopard from Windows? I do not have access to a Mac so I'm unable to use MyHack.

I've seen some very outdated guides (3+ years) that involve using a chameleon disk and a Snow Leopard retail disk but I also do not have access to a DVD burner.

So in short, I need to use Windows and windows only, with USB sticks only, to get to Snow Leopard or Lion (preferred).

Possible? Anyone willing to make an image of their completed thumb drive that they made from MyHack? Probably shaky legality but we could take it off site if needed.

Thanks in advance.

Trevor

• Administrators

I can mention this legal way for Snow Leopard: purchase a retail DVD or a retail image of Snow Leopard off the Apple web site (well worth the 29€ it costs and damn cheap too, has to be admitted). Then download a copy of ModCD and burn it to a DVD.

You'll then be able to install a running version of SL on your laptop, but it may not be 100% complete and will use the legacy kernel. However, you'll be able to create a USB key of any kind with myHack.

@Hervà- I'm afraid that buying a copy of SL wouldn't make it legal. The license forbids installing the OS on anything other than Mac hardware. However, it probably makes it less illegal than using a copy of SL that you haven't bought so at least you won't feel bad about it. :rolleyes:

Question - I have two D620s but on both of them at every reboot I have to press the Pause key to get full brightness. I don't have to do this with my D830s. Is there a way to fix this. (I'm using EDP 431.)