Dell Latitude D620 Thread

vorob

Guest richardashcroft

Well, that changed something but it didn't fix the problem.

The "grey-on-grey boot phase" now took about 3-5 min. During that an additionall progress bar was displayed below the spinning wheel. After the bar dispappeared / completed, the grey apple on grey background screen kept being displayed for appr. another 3min. After that, the screen turned black again while the boot / login process apparently continued.

I figure these boot flags refer to "safe mode" (-x) and "boot without default configuration files" (-f). I'll try another boot with verbose output (-v). Maybe that tells anything useful...

I have a D620 with Intel 945GM video. I followed Method 1 from the tutorial here to install Mac OS X which completed with no issues.

After the installation, I was prompted to reboot. I rebooted, but now I cannot get to the Mac OS X installation on the hdd. I boot to the USB key I used to install and then select the hdd, but I get a gray window that tells me I must restart. This loop never ends no matter how many times I reboot.

I was able to boot to the hdd using the -x switch at the Chameleon screen, but that is the only way I seem to be able to boot to the hdd.

Thanks in advance!

OK, I didn't realize it needed an ethernet connection when booting. I got in, so that problem is solved.

My next question though is how do I boot to the hdd without using the USB key? I followed the steps listed in the first post of this thread but I think I did something wrong because once I replaced the Extra directory and rebooted, I was back to getting the gray message that said I need to restart over and over again.

I have started over and reinstalled the OS. I am now back to the point that I want to configure to boot without the need for USB key.

Do you guys have any idea what I did wrong?

Steps I followed:

3)After installation, when you will see your desktop, download and install thisbootloader http://forum.osxlati...n-v20-rc5-r665/

4)After that, download and install this http://forum.osxlati...ate-5-released/

by following this guide:

1. Download and copy over Extra.zip to /

2. Rename or remove your old Extra (if it exists) folder

3. Unzip Extra.zip to /Extra

4. Open terminal and do:

sudo su [enter]

cd /Extra

./edptool.command

5. Choose to do a new build matching your model and then select Applemouse, Audio(Y),Lan(Y), powerpack(N))

6. Reboot

I didn't know which option to select on the edptool because the D620 in the list is for Intel 950GM graphics, not the 945GM graphics that is in my D620.

Sigh, didn't help. That output's really too cryptic to me!

Have you tried booting using the original leppy boot cd from the insanely mac forum... http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=178411

That might at least get you into your install.

Either that or try connecting an external display and booting with either your laptop lid open or closed.

If neither of those things help sorry I can't be more useful.

If anyone needs a dsdt.aml or anything else from a D620 Intel w/950, msg me

I've been running 10.6.6 since it came out, no problems

full video, play wow & halo just fine. . .

only thing that don't work is waking up from sleep/shutting lid