Dell Latitude D620 Thread

vorob

Hey guys, I am having some issues getting Snow Leopeard installed on my Dell Latitude D620, Intel GMA950 graphics (1280x800)

I've tried everything and I am following the guide but I keep getting a kernel panic every time I reboot after setting up OS X and running EDP. 

What I am doing:

1 - Create myhack USB key with Snow Leopard Retail Disc mounted DMG (legit copy)

2 - Install "EXTRA" for my laptop and SL in myhack "use my own"

3 - I boot the Mac with USB key and I am able to install SL. However, the following DOES NOT happen at the end of the install:

1. After the installation is done, myHack will prompt a few questions.
  2. It will ask if you want to install the Generic Extra & Extensions or if you would like to supply your own. Choose ‘supply your own’ and then choose the Extra folder from your myHack installation USB.
  3. It will ask if you want to remove problematic extensions, choose 3 times yes.
  4. Now finish the installation and reboot.

4 - Instead of the above happening, the mac reboots and I select the freshly installed HD from the Chameleon bootloader screen.

5 - Snow Leopard Boots and I setup my user account, wi-fi, etc.

6 - I download the 10.6.8 combo update and install it

7 - I doanload EDP 5.2 and Build for my model 

8 - I reboot the mac and then I get a KERNEL panic during the OS loading screen and after chameleon

I have tried this EVERY SINGLE way and everytime I get a KERNEL panic after I setup the computer, run EDP, and reboot.

Please help! :)

• Administrators

Hi,

A few questions:

• which BIOS version is your D620 running?
  • did you configure the BIOS as per recommended settings?
  • do you have an Intel wireless card? If so, disabled it or take it out as it's unsupported and it'll need to be replaced
  • what does the KP show?

My bios is A04.

Also...

#1 - I had Snow Leopard running on this Latitude before. I broke it when I tried updating it with EDP and the new chameleon. So, I am reinstalling it per the most recent guide. I don't remember how I did it before, I think i used iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded). The old bios didn't seem to matter.

#2 - I replaced the wi-fi card awhile ago. It's the DELL one that is recommended and works great.

#3 - I did configure my bios per this: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1869-bios-settings-d620/

#4 - The Kernel panic says "NO HPETS... CPUS CONFIGURED INCORRECTLY" and then something about Appleintelcpupower-management caused kernel panic

Also, I am installing the latest version of Chameleon that is here Chameleon v2.2 SVN r2255   http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=cat&id=19

I installed that version of Chameleon on my USB key after MyHack did its thing and then also installed that on my latitidue after I updated to 10.6.8 and ran the EDP tool. The last thing I do is install Chameleon and then reboot. I have been trying that and I'm still getting the kernel panic.

Help! :)

On 8/11/2013 at 10:49 PM, Bronxteck said:

yeah beta 8 does not have chameleon 2248 it has 2247 wich does not have 32 bit support for your boot. if your stuck boot with arch=x86_64

-v flag and once in the os install chameleon 2248 that should get you going.

Where can I download this version of chameleon? I Can only find 2255

• Administrators

Ha, looks like Conti took it offline. In that case, just update your USB installer to Chameleon r2248 or above using Chameleon Wizard. I've posted 2 threads about it in Announcement and EDP bug sections.

Ha, looks like Conti took it offline. In that case, just update your USB installer to Chameleon r2248 or above using Chameleon Wizard. I've posted 2 threads about it in Announcement and EDP bug sections.

I have done this before and I am able to install SL. I get the kernel panic after I setup SL and reboot. I am using Chameleon r2255