Dell Latitude D620 Thread

vorob

After upgrading and using the EDP 1.6 final, everything is working, except the restart. Every time i press restart it goes to black screen and hangs, where prior to the upgrade of EDP 1.6 final it worked. any ideas?

Here is my laptop info

D620 GMA950, 2gb ram, 1.92GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, OS X 10.6.6

I am not sure how to update and couldnt find on the wiki page. I am currently on Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132 - chameleon v2.0-rc3 r658, and i would appreciate any point in the right direction.

Also currently my laptop boots to OSX but if i hit a key while countdown, i get a choice of osx or win7. Will i still have that ability after update?

Thanks,

• Administrators

in rc5 you do have a gui plus it comes with chameleon prefpane as a choice. comes in handy for making changes to chameleon and it's an installer package so pretty simple to install. it should overwrite the old chameleon.

• Like 1

hi i'm new to macs and was trying out 10.6.3 in my d620 intel. i was able to make things run except for sleep which has problems after waking and trackpad not scrolling, i stumbled upon osxlatitude and installed chameleon v2 rc5 r665. also did edp 1.7 but i got a kernel panic on reboot wether i install powerpack or not. and can someone please show me an easier way to recover from panics without having to restore from backups everytime? waiting for the install cd to load and the restore to finish takes forever. thanks in advance.

sorry for the large pic. i dont know yet how to resize photos. tried preview but i cant even get it to open my photo.post-807-030688200 1300820661_thumb.jpg