Dell Latitude D620 Thread

vorob

Thank you bronxteck sleep now works but waking up from sleep still has some things that need to get fixed. after waking from sleep, my mic doesn't work and i get a message about my external usb drive not being properly ejected. I noticed your signature says BT works. How come mine does not? When I open bluetooth exchange folder, it says i do not have a bluetooth device but windows sees it fine? how did you make BT to work? Thanks.

• Administrators

yeah i also get the usb error if i leave a usb drive connected to the laptop and it "wakes". the mic issue i never noticed it before because i don't use it often and as for the bluetooth i had pulled it from an old dell laptop i think its a dell 340/350 bluetooth

Hi

OSX noob here. I hate to ask because I know that this has been solved. Here's my sorry tale...

I had 10.6.6 running on a D620 1.8GHz Intel GMA with leppy install followed by EDP 1.6 from you guys. I did the install several times and got dual boot with Ubuntu 10.10.

It was so nice I got a D620 2.0GHz NVIDIA. This boots fine and runs from the HDD I made on the other machine. Configtool fixed the low res graphics fine. But the original leppy install doesn't work. Why?

D620SLV1 boots fine, but the retail SL DVD (10.6.3) hangs in neverland. I've tried safe mode, same result. I think the difference is the Nvidia graphics, Is there a way to customize the boot from D620SLV1 by adding boot flags or commands make Nvidia work for the install? I've seen the same problem over at insanelymac too, no answers there... yet.

Thanks for any ideas

bob

Thanks for this. I guess that it's helpful for someone who has a 10.6.0 DVD. I don't, and the 10.6.3 DVD is the only SL disk I've ever had. It works to install my Intel GMA D620, but not with the NVIDIA machine.

I'd like to sell the other laptop, but I won't until I have a system to install OS X on the second D620. I don't want to have a crash and have no way to resotre the OS X.

I have seen the proposed methods of install using USB Flash pens, but this seems to require downloading a (very large) manipulated version of OS X through a bittorrent. My inet connection precludes this (I am not in control of the firewall).

Can I make such an image myself from the retail DVD? If I ditto the retail DVD to a pen, what do I need to change to get it to boot? Can I copy my working kernel to it? How?

• Administrators

did you try installing chameleon to a thumb drive then installing EDP 1.7 package to the same thumb drive build it for your machine then rebooting with the thumb drive and selecting the 10.6.3 retail disc? might just work. if not then image the retail disc to the drive thumb drive first then do the above to it.

Thanks for this.

I have almost done what you say, but used an earlier EDP (1.5) Chameleon boots off of the USB, but I still can't get the retail image to boot. (falis with can't find mach-kernel). It's right there, on the pen, but the loader can't find it... Is this reference in plist? As you see, I'm still learning OS X.

I have two partitions on the USB. One has chameleon, the other has a ditto of the retail install.

I used EDP 1.5 because I thought you need to do the Apple software update if you use the 1.7 EDP? I remember breaking an earlier system by installing the EDP 1.6 and then NOT doing the update. It broke the system with Kernel panics. Some the EDP contents will only run with the updated kernel.