Dell Latitude D620 Thread

vorob

For starters great community going on here, however I am having some issues at the moment I am currently running 10.6.8 on a d620 with 14E4:4311 Broadcom BCM 4311 802.11b/g WLAN adapter and for the life of me I cannot get it to function, If memory serves it was working prior to the EDP update of 18 Nov. Should I be running the more current 2.x edp to remedy this issue, or am I possibly missing a step here, any help would be appriecated and if more information is needed I will try and provide it as best I can. Thanks.

• Administrators

did you remove your networking devices in prefpane then save changes and add them back with a new location and make sure the enable wifi option is checked plus checked the bios option for wifi enabled and the switch on the side on?

I have removed all connections shows airport card not configured, hit the add interface selection button, default interface is airport, default name is airport, clicked on create applied settings, under enter the name of network I added my network name, and security type and entered PW, still wont turn on, got a feeling that I am missing a step. Thanks for the help all.

Just full of questions today guys, I got 10.6.0 back up and running, I was using leppy700m's boot disk and now have wifi. Do I need to skip the post install stuff on his disk and just go with the 1.9.2 EDP after I upgrade to 10.6.8? Also another question, what are the odds of getting lion running on the d620 I know its 32bit and Lion is x64, just wanted to know what the odds were. Thanks again all.