Dell Latitude D620 Thread

vorob

Thank you. I cannot believe you are being so helpful. :)

I picked up three Dell Latitude D620 laptops cheaply and I want to make at least one of them into a Hackintosh. I think that they are all the same with the standard Intel 945GM Graphics, 14" Wide XGA, 1280 x 800 screen.

I normally use Macs but I do not like the way OSX is going. It is becoming far too much like iOS and we are losing our freedom to do as we wish with our Macs because of this. OSX 10.6.5 was the last Mac OS to be free from all the commercial rubbish that Apple are trying to force down our throats so that's why I want to install that on a Hackintosh. Annoyingly Apple have fixed it so that I cannot install 10.6.5 on my Mac!

Thanks again Syonagar. I'll give it another try a little later and let you know how I get on. :)

Update - Success! I now have Snow Leopard on my Dell and I'm about to apply the Combo update to 10.6.5. Thank you once again for your help. :)

Update 2 - Having trouble with the update. It doesn't want to play with the Combo update. :(

I have been playing around with my Hackintosh D620 and I managed to get OSX 10.6.5 installed but I have two issues to resolve. First there is the problem of not waking from sleep and second is having no sound. I have tried EDP 2.1 and that solved the sound issue but it caused some undesirable side effects i.e. the trackpad became almost unusable and video playback became extremely jerky. So, I went back to EDP 1.9.2 which does not have these problems but does have the sleep and sound ones. Is it possible to fix these issues without using EDP 2.1?

Thanks sipart.

Sleep - I have tried that fix for the sleep issue but it doesn't work. Upon waking once I enter the password my D620 either crashes or just hangs with the cursor flashing.

Sound - The sound fix seems to only be available with EDP 2.1 but that caused me to have trackpad and video playback problems.