Inspiron N5040 - Mavericks installation

Golfpro

I am trying to install Mavericks with the my hack 3.3.1 it created the drive ok and when i restart it sees it and i can hit enter to start the process but as soon as i do i get this message and the machine stops. I am not sure if i have made a mistake in the setup or if its a bios issue. Let me know any and all thoughts as i am new to this. I have a picture below of what my screen looks like. 

Thanks in advance

post-52645-0-53872100-1392209930_thumb.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Try to boot with NullCPUPowerManagement as opposed to native CPU power management; alternatively ensure you have a Chameleon boot plist set with P & C States + a SMBIOS plist that uses the profile of a Mac model close to your Inspiron.

If you have no discrete GPU but only Intel HD graphics, check the IM thread below to evaluate full graphics support capability as not having full graphics can be quite a deterrence to pursue any further:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/?hl=intel%20hd

• Administrators

You need to add the NullCPUPowerManagement kext to /Extra/Extensions of your USB installer, then run myHack->myFix (quick) on the USB installer before you boot it again to attempt installation.

'don't know if you've done much research on this model before, but have a good read at the thread below:

http://www.osx86.net/topic/8965-how-to-install-snow-leopard-on-dell-inspiron-n5040-laptop/

Be prepared, this installation, if at all successful, may not be easy...

• Administrators

By nature, Hackintoshing can be and often is difficult! It's not meant to be, Apple make OS X is for Macs, not for PCs... Not all hardware is supported. If it were just like a Windows installation, none of this would be here, Hackintosh sites would not exist.

Your model appears to have hardware incompatibilities, hence my warning. Look it up on the web.

To move forward a little and assuming you have the lspcidrv.kext in /Extra/Extensions (if not, add it), post us the output of lspci -nn Terminal command.

With the things that you mentioned above i was able to get past that beginning .The next issue i face is as it went it opened what looked like the screen the installer should be on  but then it stopped and the screen shot below is what it did. Not sure if there is a graphics issue or something else failed. I was able to try the terminal command and the machine says that it cannot find lspci -nn

Thanks again

post-52645-0-74519800-1392229647_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

As I said, if you don't have the lspcidrv kext in /E/E, add it!

Try and boot with Chameleon option GraphicsEnabler=No to see if it gets rid of that screen issue. But do read the IM thread about Intel HD as that will basically tell you if you can enjoy full graphics support or not. If you can't, it's not worth continue in my opinion...

By the way, no double post for the same thing please...