Inspiron N5040 - Mavericks installation

Golfpro

Im not sure what QE/CI is so i can't answer if it works or not, as far as lspci -nn it says that it cannot find the lspci file if i enter lspci=nn it continues on and boots normal. As for the extra folder i attached a picture of what i have in the folder.

post-52645-0-78067100-1393026629_thumb.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Im not sure what QE/CI is so i can't answer if it works or not, as far as lspci -nn it says that it cannot find the lspci file if i enter lspci=nn it continues on and boots normal. As for the extra folder i attached a picture of what i have in the folder.

Are you using the myHack method? I don't see an Extensions folder with all the modded kexts.

If you're using myHack to do your build, it should include an Extensions folder with lspcidrv.kext that will allow you to run lspci -nn in the terminal to get your systems specs. Where are you modded kexts?

I was unable to make the my hack method work completely, so i had to used a kext editor to insert the kext to make the video work so i could finish the install. I used the same editor to install the wifi and trackpad driver. Which allows the keyboard to work just fine but the trackpad does not. The wifi key kext allows the machine to recongnize the hardware and say it was active but it never sees a network for me to connect to but ethernet works. Same with the video since its a i3 i had to use the intel HD 3000 kext so i have video but it flickers and gets shaky sometimes. If i go to /system/library/extensions  i can show you all the mode kexts.  Let me know what other information you may need from me. Thanks again for all the help its much appreciated.

• Moderators

I was unable to make the my hack method work completely, so i had to used a kext editor to insert the kext to make the video work so i could finish the install. I used the same editor to install the wifi and trackpad driver. Which allows the keyboard to work just fine but the trackpad does not. The wifi key kext allows the machine to recongnize the hardware and say it was active but it never sees a network for me to connect to but ethernet works. Same with the video since its a i3 i had to use the intel HD 3000 kext so i have video but it flickers and gets shaky sometimes. If i go to /system/library/extensions  i can show you all the mode kexts.  Let me know what other information you may need from me. Thanks again for all the help its much appreciated.

I'm pretty sure this system has the 1st Generation Intel HD graphics, not HD 3000. What modded kext did you install?

What's the screen resolution?

If you go to the screen saver preference, does the animated screensaver work? If not, then you don't have QE/CI.

What wireless card do you have?

Install this and then run lspci -nn in the terminal. Output the file here.

I installed the kext for the intel 3000 HD, The screen resolution is 1024X768 and yes the animated screen saver does work. As far as Hardware goes and what kext I have used a system information tool and took screen shots which are included below of both the hardware and the kext installed. 

post-52645-0-42017500-1393104443_thumb.jpg

post-52645-0-34327500-1393104464_thumb.jpg