LION d630 setup assistant problem

Oris Rake

Hi. Decided to install lion on my d630. Made

USB install via myHack and using kext for d630 with intel supplied by one of forum member. everything worked fine except no touch pad and keyboard. Have external mouse and KB so no problem. Installed Lion. Reboot via USB to lion partition and I get stuck on setup assistant. I choose keboard layout click next and nothing happens. Busy wheel keep spinning. Tried also removing Lines in info.plist of setup assistant but that didn't help. :(

Any ideas?

EDIT: That pack im using was made by simeonoff in this post https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/526-osx-lion-on-d630/page__view__findpost__p__3720

BTW Atm i only got windows machine. So cant redo whole process :(

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

sounds like you didn't add kexts to the installer's S/L/E or extra folder. try repairing the permissions of the install media with disk utility or repair the disk. worst case scenario you have a corrupt installer and or catch.

Hey! Thanks for reply!

Well myHack asked my to point for Extra folder when it was creating install USB stick, also there is /Extra folder with kexts on Install USB.

Also Setup Assistant show up after succesful install when it boots from HDD. Since i dont have atm working OSX install I can only use terminal in USB install mode. Tried coping Lion Extensions to /Extra but it didnt help. Should i try copy it to S/L/E using Terminal? Also dont have installed Chameleon on HDD yet hence booting off USB and poiting at Lion Partition there.

PS. Should i boot with arch=i386 flag?

Edit: Tried coping kext straight into S/L/E no changes :|

Edited by Oris Rake