LION d630 setup assistant problem

Oris Rake

Installed snow made USB install disk for lion only using Simeonoff guide install didn't want to boot IONetworkingFamily was causing problem. Removed it installed without any problem. And

Same same situation as before. Kext works I got keyboard and resolution.but can't get past freaking Setup Assistant. Stuck after keyboard layout selection. I can post screen if needed. Tried deleting IONetworkingFamily on Lion partition but didn't help. Also rebuilded and fixed permission with kext wizard. :/ any other ideas?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Using diff install image so not that. Managed to skip whole setup assistsn by using in single user "touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone " and that got me to login screen but I don't have any users created not even root. So trying to find a way to create acccount via single user or working Snow install. Dscl . -create not working :(

Yay got it working, edited Info.plist of Setup Assistant and removed all network screens that was reason of freeze. Booted normally everything works fine, except of ethernet. was using AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext on 10.6 should i use it here as well? No wifi for me so kinda need working ethernet.