D630 Mavericks Installer

Axel-Erfurt

Axel, is it possible to get the bootpack? The links are no longer active. I'm taking a break from my D430 for i can't seem to get it to boot after Lion 10.7.5 installation.  I have the D630 with Nvidia graphics. Does your extra folder work with Mavericks? Thats what im planning to install.

Axel, is it possible to get the bootpack? The links are no longer active.

Please go to first post, I've updated the links.

Axel, is it possible to get the bootpack? The links are no longer active. I'm taking a break from my D430 for i can't seem to get it to boot after Lion 10.7.5 installation.  I have the D630 with Nvidia graphics. Does your extra folder work with Mavericks? Thats what im planning to install.

Yes.

Unfortunately, in my D630 Nvidia graphic card is defective.

Lol @ Herve.. Thanks Axel, I will give yours a shot.  How do i go about updating to 10.9.5 after the install?  I've already got 10.9.2 install but I followed another guide on here. I will recreate the usb with your guide to see which one works better for me.  Thanks for all your help.

One issue I have is after I did everything Waldo mentioned in the previous post with the kexts, the I8k kext specifically, it always gives me an error upon myFix and my it won't boot if if I don't boot with -f or else it gets stuck at here:

• Administrators

The thing with i8k is that you cannot automate its startup so you may want to forget about it. I do.

If you cannot boot without -f flag, i.e. you need to boot without cache, your cache is obviously screwed and may not build because of the kext. On sure way to find out is to manually rebuild you cache and keep an eye on any possible error message indicating that cache cannot be build. In Terminal:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

This being said, EDP was kind of screwing up all Latitude D series these last few months so you may want to skip it. I've posted a full Mavericks /Extra some time ago for the D630n. I can't remember in which thread exactly but look it up. Install it with myHack and no further need of EDP.

Thanks Hervé, your suggestion worked. One thing I do notice though is that I would hear the fan spin a little loud and then it stops every other 10 seconds or so. Why do you suppose that is? Sleep/wake works nicely and everything else that I tried worked for the exception of iMessage. A big thank you to the Hackintosh gurus. I just wish my D430 could behave nicely like my D630.

• Administrators

The fan will work as and when required according to CPU and (especially) GPU T°.  The nVidia GPU tends to run very hot on these laptops, so you can expect the fan to run high when running a GPU-hungry app; watching a you tube video for instance...

We'll work out the D430 in parallel...