successful install of Mavericks(10.9) on ASUS B85M-G but SSD Does not boot

ricouzuki

I prepared a myhack USB drive with the Generic boot pack. I booted from the drive, launched the installer on a blank SSD. I then opened up disk utility, partitioned the whole SSD as one partition, and then clicked Install. 

The installation completed successfully and after I reboot, the computer does not boot from the drive, instead going to the BIOS. I have AHCI mode enabled, but still no dice.

Is there any way to diagnose this? Was the above the correct method of installing?  

The specs of this machine are the following:

MB: ASUS B85M-G

CPU: Haswell Core i3 4330

Chipset: Intel B85

Video: Onboard Intel

Audio Realtek ALC 887

NIC: Realtek 8111G  

Also as a side note I hear that I am in a world of hurt due to the NIC and Audio. Can anyone elaborate? Even if they have poor compatibility, I think the darn thing would boot at least right? 

I feel like something must be wrong with the bootloader hence, why I am curious to see if the above method of installation is the correct method. 

• Moderators

I prepared a myhack USB drive with the Generic boot pack. I booted from the drive, launched the installer on a blank SSD. I then opened up disk utility, partitioned the whole SSD as one partition, and then clicked Install. 

The installation completed successfully and after I reboot, the computer does not boot from the drive, instead going to the BIOS. I have AHCI mode enabled, but still no dice.

Is there any way to diagnose this? Was the above the correct method of installing?  

The specs of this machine are the following:

MB: ASUS B85M-G

CPU: Haswell Core i3 4330

Chipset: Intel B85

Video: Onboard Intel

Audio Realtek ALC 887

NIC: Realtek 8111G  

Also as a side note I hear that I am in a world of hurt due to the NIC and Audio. Can anyone elaborate? Even if they have poor compatibility, I think the darn thing would boot at least right? 

I feel like something must be wrong with the bootloader hence, why I am curious to see if the above method of installation is the correct method. 

Do you have a modded kernel on your USB Installer? You need to add that to your Installed OSX too.

Do you have a modded kernel on your USB Installer? You need to add that to your Installed OSX too.

Can you elaborate? When booting into the mac, and creating a MyHack installer the only two options I selected are create USB installer and right afterwards add an /Extra pack to the USB stick. 

I'd like to emphasize that I don't get anything on the screen after I try to boot, It goes straight back into the BIOS(which is what this MB does when it cannot find any device to boot from.) The SSD is fine as I have booted Ubuntu and Windows from it in the past.