DELL Latitude E6530 i7-3840QM

stickybeak

• Moderators

Physically replace the wireless card or add a supported one to the WWAN slot. Check for supported card here. Personally I have a dell dw1510 card that I rebranded so OSX will detected as Airport Extreme rather than 3rd Party wireless device. Note, not all Dell wireless card is supported.

• Like 1

Jake,

This might sound silly but for a beginner like me it would be a great help. Is there a webpage where I can check what specific controller each kext drives? :$

EDIT: Btw card reader is not working. The video freezer and can't be ejected and/or stopped, I had to reboot the unit using the power button to regain control.

A. Fixed the video problem by replacing the DVDPlayback.Framework found here:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/5660-dell-latitude-e6430e6530-with-nvs5200m-hd4000/ (Thanks Jake)

Hi Jake,

This is what I have so far after number of trials with kexts, tweaking of chameleon.boot.plist:

Working:

- Audio

- Camera

- DVD

- Ethernet

- nVidia NVS 5200M

- USB 3.0

- HDMI Video

- Sleep is perfectly working

Not working:

- Bluetooth

- Card reader

- Trackpad ( I tried to tweak tho using the ALP

- Wi-Fi (Broadcom BCM4310 USB Wi-Fi Controller - I'm still waiting for the replacement Wi-Fi card)

Are there kexts for trackpad, Bluetooth and card reader to activate non functioning hardware?

• Moderators

Hi Jake,

This is what I have so far after number of trials with kexts, tweaking of chameleon.boot.plist:

Working:

- Audio

- Camera

- DVD

- Ethernet

- nVidia NVS 5200M

- USB 3.0

- HDMI Video

- Sleep is perfectly working

Not working:

- Bluetooth

- Card reader

- Trackpad ( I tried to tweak tho using the ALP

- Wi-Fi (Broadcom BCM4310 USB Wi-Fi Controller - I'm still waiting for the replacement Wi-Fi card)

Are there kexts for trackpad, Bluetooth and card reader to activate non functioning hardware?

Try this for touchpad. Tested on my E6430. For card reader, you need to add the ven/dev id to voodooSDHC. Do a search here for it.

Hmm, you got sleep working with nvs5200m? I'm interesting in how you accomplish this. Does it wake up after sleep?

Try this for touchpad. Tested on my E6430. For card reader, you need to add the ven/dev id to voodooSDHC. Do a search here for it.

Hmm, you got sleep working with nvs5200m? I'm interesting in how you accomplish this. Does it wake up after sleep?

Thank you for the link. As for the touchpad, I already tried the one from rehabman unfortunately the trackpad went crazy I had to restore my unit again.

I have been tweaking and restoring my unit for the past 5 days, honestly, I do not know how I was able to accomplish the sleep functionality. If I am not mistaken the last extra folder I tried is from one of your threads.

Here is a copy of my EXTRA http://rg.to/file/74dcfadde38b738d0f56c63d0a419856/Extra.rar.html , you might find what made the sleep functionality worked.

• Moderators

Thank you for the link. As for the touchpad, I already tried the one from rehabman unfortunately the trackpad went crazy I had to restore my unit again.

I have been tweaking and restoring my unit for the past 5 days, honestly, I do not know how I was able to accomplish the sleep functionality. If I am not mistaken the last extra folder I tried is from one of your threads.

Here is a copy of my EXTRA http://rg.to/file/74dcfadde38b738d0f56c63d0a419856/Extra.rar.html , you might find what made the sleep functionality worked.

Yeah, don't see anything on the boot pack. Perhaps it's what you did on your BIOS.

Can you confirm when it goes to sleep, you got a blinking power button. When you tab on it, system wakes back?

Does it sleep when you close the lid? and wake?

I left my E6530 in the office, so can't test which Alps version works best. Will update you on Monday.

Yeah, don't see anything on the boot pack. Perhaps it's what you did on your BIOS.

Can you confirm when it goes to sleep, you got a blinking power button. When you tab on it, system wakes back?

Does it sleep when you close the lid? and wake?

I left my E6530 in the office, so can't test which Alps version works best. Will update you on Monday.

It appears that only the display sleeps. The power button stays lit, not blinking, even when the lid is close.  :$

hi , my bluetooth is now working with this kext in S/L/E.

this was add:

<key>Broadcom380FamilyUSBBluetoothHCIController</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOUSBDevice</string>
<key>LMPLoggingEnabled</key>
<true/>
<key>idProduct</key>