Brightness issue GMA950 d620

dustpuppy

Hi there,

I'm looking for some help.

I've tried to install Lion several way's, the easiest way with this method: http://tonycrapx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/xfail-multifail-install-os-x-107-lion.html

( btw, I updated from 10.6.7, not from 10.6.8, since 10.6.8. gives me problems with networking.)

Smooth installation.

But, (there is allway's one) whatever method I use, my screen brightness drops during boot time to approximately 60%.

I can get it up to maybe 65% via the control panel, with the slider control up to max, but that's it.

From searching the net I figure it has something to do with 32-bit drivers for the graphics card, but that is as far as I get with this.

The rest seems to be working perfectly.

Any hints in the right direction would be much appreciated.

works now..

Yes, thanks.

Woooops! Well, that made a mess........

Entirely my own fault, I placed the kext in my Extra folder, ran the EDP to rebuild mKext, and rebooted.

And spent the next hours re-installing OSX.

Could not even boot single user.

The problem was that after installing Lion, I ran multifail, wich went fine, but in combination with the kext's already residing in /Extra, running EDP wasn't such a great idea.

Learned a lot though.

The Kext did help though. Even with only a part of the booting proces completed, I didn't see the nasty dimming anymore.

So it was the cure, now I only need to give it in a proper way.

Not today, maybe tomorrow, or maybe I will just wait for EDP 2.0.

Thanks for your help, Leon.

Maybe interesting to know:

The brightness issue is solved when starting/restarting.

But when waking up from sleep in about 50% of the cases I get the brightness issue again.

Also it's not possible anymore after that to adjust brightness via the keyboard.

Restarting resolves the issue though.