D630 SSDT Tables for native Power Management

franzfalckenhaus

Hello Everybody,

I'm new to this forum here  :ugeek:. I have Dell D630 with T7100 Bios A17 X3100 
i have a simple question ...are they somewhere optimized SSDT tables to get best CPU stepping results with native power management ? the thing is that CPU freq. is jumping even in idle state between 597Mhz and 1791Mhz. Average CPU temp is 48-50 C ..i was just wondering it must be so or stepping freq can be somehow manipulated with SSDT tables .. 

please let me know or advice SSDT tables for use for best performance... 

10.7.4 with smbios.plist (Macbook5,1) and fakesmc v5.2.678 for tunning installed....

DSDT used
dsdt.aml.zip

• Administrators

You appear to have all the correct settings in place to have native SpeedStep working and it is. You may not see all frequencies/multipliers in your monitoring but you should certainly see intermediate frequencies on occasion.

The use of individual frequencies is however not something you can control; on the OS can do that. You can always try and extract your SSDTs with tools such as AIDA64 and check what's in them in terms of CPU steps, but you would probably find all are there. I have various D630s with T7500 and I'm seeing frequency throttling at 597, 995, 1791 or 2189 for instance. But there are some particular intermediate frequencies that I've probably never seen. It all depends on the load requirements...

thanks a lot for clarification .. i was wondering cause i was testing some SSDT different tables settings and with this attached DSDT that contains SSDT inside results with temp and stepping are best .. with chameleon generated states stepping looks worst and CPU stucks more on highest frequency. i also tried different DSDT (without SSDT inside) with all SSDT tables extracted from Bios compiled with iASL ( they all got only some minor optimizations no errors no warnings) but with those all SSDT tables lower freq is 800Mhz and more "jumps" to highest freq... that makes me wonder that is any way to modify or edit entries in SSDT to get stepping modified 

SSDT tables.zip

post-53045-0-09868000-1392806084_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Then I would suggest you post all details regarding those better results you've experienced (better T° and steppings) in a comparative table or something like that where everyone can see the "default" settings+results alongside your improved experienced settings+results.

OK this seems to be a little wired... I wanted to run generated SSDT with MaciASL editor second SSDT from ssdtPRGen.sh together with DSDT from EDP boot packs but both options came with KP... 
i decided to check power management in 64bit and i have noticed that stepping became stable..without sudden jumps to highest freq. as before ... then i get back to 32bits and everything backs to state as it is now.. stable speedstep without jumps and average idle temp 45C ..i'm not able to explain what happened but looks like no more issues ...  

post-53045-0-80872700-1392848647_thumb.jpg

only problem that left is sleep ... can this be modify by DSDT somehow ??

MacBook kernel[0]: Wake reason = PBTN LID

Wake & sleep work natively, just have your BIOS configured as per recommended settings. Use our bootpack/EDP too.

what should be used from bootpack ? or EDP ?

i'm running 10.7.4 with few kexts only and don't want to mess up..with different set.. BIOS settings have been set as advised  ..

i've compared EDP dsdt section with device LID with my dsdt and they looks same... 

all used kexts 

post-53045-0-47827600-1392849843_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Why do you have 2 battery managers? You should only use one. I use VoodooBattery personally.

You're missing the Patched_10.7_AppleRTC kext to avoid CMOS reset, but maybe you've patched the DSDT instead...

Other than than, kext list looks Ok.

Oh, I was going to forget: you know, you can update to 10.7.5, it's totally safe.

RTC section from DSDT looks like fixed .. 

Device (RTC)
                {
                    Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0B00"))
                    Name (RT, ResourceTemplate ()
                    {
                        IO (Decode16,
                            0x0070,             // Range Minimum
                            0x0070,             // Range Maximum
                            0x10,               // Alignment
                            0x02,               // Length
                            )
                        IO (Decode16,
                            0x0072,             // Range Minimum
                            0x0072,             // Range Maximum
                            0x02,               // Alignment
                            0x06,               // Length
                            )
                    })
                    Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized)
                    {
                        Return (RT)
                    }
                }

but i experience BIOS reset each time when i put lid down and sleep fail ...i'm looking for solution right now... any advise would be great.. 

other thing .. i couldn't update to 10.7.5 cause system hang on startup short before GUI should be loaded... I've tried with clean install 10.7.2 and combo update to 10.7.5 and clean install of 10.7.5 as well.. both ways hang same moment.. so i decided to stay with 10.7.4 that makes me no different .

I've found these battery kexts in one zip file ..and didn't investigate which should be loaded... with Voodoo next for battery i experienced "No Battery Installled" sign with login window .. with these two everything works like a charm .. :D just cosmetics ...  

there on insanelymac:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/272459-appleacpibatterymanagerapplesmartbatterymanager-for-lion/