vrao

Hello, i am installing os x mavericks on my dell latitude e6400. I followed a guide, and it used myhack. Before, i could not get to the installer, but the guide told me to copy dsdt.aml, and some other kexts to my usb which got me to the install screen without any boot flags. I successfully installed, and the last part of the guide said this:

"Once you installed maverick, the same files you added to the USB installation , go ahead and add them to your system HDD. Assuming you already know you need a working mac to accomplish this. You might need to connect the harddrive where you installed Mavericks to a working Mac using a USB adapter or else. Be creative. Follow the same steps. "

I did not know how to do this, so i ignored it. I tried to boot, i got stuck in the same place i was before copying the files to the usb. Can anyone help me follow this last part because to create myhack, i used a virtual machine, and i dont knnow if a virtual machine would work in this case. Although, i know that this is the step that didn't get my comp to boot.

I appreciate your help because i have been trying this for half a year with no luck. :(

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, so it seems that your extra folder did not transfer for some reason... try booting the hdd, with -x, if that works copy the files and run myfix. If not boot with -s, and plug in your USB, and run the first two commands that the screen tells you to, then type sudo cp \volumes\Name of usb\extra \extra, then type myfix -t and reboot.

• Administrators

You can simply boot your USB installer and when you reach the installer main screen, go to Tools->myHack and run "Install Extra". Point to the Extra folder of your USB installer as source and your HDD as destination.

I remade the installer, followed another guide, and it worked. It turns out that I was using a unifail guide, but my friend wants to use the unifail way, but he also got the same problem as me, not being able to follow that last step. Can you explain how to do this the unifail way because my friends dad won't let him get an account. Thanks anyway for the help!