Access to iCloud

sbhachu

Hi all,

Just rebuilt my Dell XPS 210 with myHack. I am trying to access iCloud but it's not working. Internet and network access is OK  but when I try to specify my username and password via SystemPreferences > iCloud, I get a message saying "Unable to sign in because of a problem communicating with iCloud, try signing in again".

If I try to login to the app store with the same details, I get "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance."

Any help on how to fix this would be appreciated.

• Administrators

Make sure your Ethernet interface is 1st installed interface, i.e. en0. Check with Terminal command ifconfig. If it's not, remove all interfaces from Network System Pref Pane and all plist from /Library/Preferences/System Configuration. Reboot then add your Ethernet interface to begin with and the rest afterwards.

I checked at it was on en0. I tried removing the interfaces, removing the plist, rebooting and re-adding the network interface and still no success.

If I check "About this Mac", it says the serial number is SOMESRLNMBR. Do you think it may be to do with this?