noobie needs help

robdsgb

hey guys just purchase snow leopard 10.6.3 and when i insert my bootloader and then insert the mac disk it doesn't load mac it just show a harddrive....any ideas

update: i can get it to install ,but i'm stuck a the spinning wheel. i can also hit alt and f5 and the voice helper starts to talk

it doesn't give me any options, all i see is the apple logo and the spinning wheel, also could i use a external hard drive to do 8gb pen method , i've tried 3 bootloaders already.

also i downloaded E.D.P how do i install it.

hey bronxteck will the this D820NvidiaBootCD.iso.zip work on my d620, it has nvidia graphics.I seen this in another one of your posts.

update: it's install , but i had to use my external dvd burner and a usb mouse. i have no trackpad and no sound . know i need to figure out how to boot without the boot disc.

install edp to your install media then run the edptool.command in /Extra folder... build for your machine type.

how do i get it to power off , when i power it off my display goes blank but my power light is still on.also how do u get it to wake from sleep mode....thanks

check the wiki we keep common fixes there. have you updated the bios to the latest dell bios? also set your bios to default.

got that fixed , how do i reset the bios to default i'm trying to get my sleep to work,what do i need to press to wake it up from sleep.

set bios to defaults is a preference in the bios... look through it. did you follow the sleep method on the wiki i linked too?

bro your awesome , got my sleep working . now i'm working on trying to get the 10.6.8 update to work without killing my system(had to do a reinstall mac os twice). also my activity monitor doesn't work , do you know were i can find a replacement.also i did use the sleep method from the wiki, the wiki is my new hang out spot...lol