New Mac OS X is save to install

neverly1

There have been a few problem posted, from audio issues to sleep issues that appear to be related to the 10.9.2 update. They seem to affect some models and not others. I suggest you view what others may have posted about your specific model, decide if you can live with the issues mentioned if they should impact your build and make the decision to update or not. Also be prepared with a backup or some patience while these issues are sorted out. Keep in mind that should you decide not to update, you may want to avoid using Safari and unsecured or public networks.

• Administrators

it seems that the older AppleACPIPlatform.kext supplied by EDP and the boot packs is failing on 10.9.2

causing sleep issues for some and broken restarts.

personally tested by me on a D630 nvidia many other models are also affected. solution is to use the supplied 10.9.2 version located in System/Library/Extensions version 2.0 dated 1/16/14 i have attached it incase it has been removed from S/L/E you can add it to and run it from E/E if it has been removed from S/L/E run a my fix quick afterwords.

AppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip

• Moderators

it seems that the older AppleACPIPlatform.kext supplied by EDP and the boot packs is failing on 10.9.2

causing sleep issues for some and broken restarts.

personally tested by me on a D630 nvidia many other models are also affected. solution is to use the supplied 10.9.2 version located in System/Library/Extensions version 2.0 dated 1/16/14 i have attached it incase it has been removed from S/L/E you can add it to and run it from E/E if it has been removed from S/L/E run a my fix quick afterwords.

My E6430 won't boot if I remove it from E/E. The stock version is in S/L/E. Seems like it's stuck on loading graphics, but with patched version 1.3.6, sleep works as before.