problem install T410s, please

trongchien

Many thanks for writing down your guide, Jake Lo and for submitting the package!

Actually it was your guide, making me think "T410 seems to be a cakewalk" so I got one from flea bay the other day.

Booting works as it should with a myHack stick 10.9 using your package.

However, as the process switches to the OSX installer, my LCD remains at the last lines and no OSX Installer window shows up -

neither on internal display, nor at VGA port. I can hear the voice telling me "If you want to use English for your main language, press return."

But thats it.

I´m guessing there is an issue with the IntelHDA frame buffer, but I´m clueless how to proceed.

What I tried:

FB provided with your package.

FB for 1280x800 from your guide.

FB from Insanely preconfigured.

FB patched manually with Intel HD Graphics Patcher.app using the Dumper attached.

The T410 is a 2537-E82, 5700MHD only. 4GB RAM, i5 M560.

BIOS is 1.34 (6IET74WW)

BIOS set do default, VT-d enabled or disabled does not seem to matter.

myHack is 3.2 beta8, Mavericks is version 1.3.33 from October 17, 2013.

Do you think my issue can be fixed, or could you point me in the right direction, please?

Intel Reg Dumper.rtf

Hi I've a T410 too and I have the same problem : no way to get the display. If I use the vanilla FB kext I get a quartered screen so I can't do anything. I tried to change with some of the kext you told about, no ways :-(.

I'm in 1200x800 too with BIOS 1.45 and Clover EFI bootloader.

• Moderators

Can´t seem to edit my post. Just to make sure, internal display is 1280x800.

Hi I've a T410 too and I have the same problem : no way to get the display. If I use the vanilla FB kext I get a quartered screen so I can't do anything. I tried to change with some of the kext you told about, no ways :-(.

I'm in 1200x800 too with BIOS 1.45 and Clover EFI bootloader.

Take a look at this guide.  It mentioned having to delete AppleIntelHDGraphics* from SLE and replace with the patched ones instead of putting them in Extra/Extensions.

This work one time : I had accessed the install screen once after waiting 10 min at dsmos has arrived ; so I installed OS X on my T410. But now I want to boot the Install disk again to replace the kexts on my HDD but no ways....

I can't access the install screen anymore.

The kext seems to load only sometimes I don't understand. I tried to install natit.kext but this doesn't change anything :-(

EDIT : I tried to boot my HD without replacing the kexts and surprised : the setup screen appears in native resolution :-) 

But I saw in the verbose that my Ethernet kext was not loaded so I shutdown my PC and reboot without caches to load it correctly. No way.

I can't boot anymore my hdd install which works once !!! I don't understand why it's working sometimes.... I don't change any parameters !

• Moderators

This work one time : I had accessed the install screen once after waiting 10 min at dsmos has arrived ; so I installed OS X on my T410. But now I want to boot the Install disk again to replace the kexts on my HDD but no ways....

I can't access the install screen anymore.

The kext seems to load only sometimes I don't understand. I tried to install natit.kext but this doesn't change anything :-(

EDIT : I tried to boot my HD without replacing the kexts and surprised : the setup screen appears in native resolution :-)

But I saw in the verbose that my Ethernet kext was not loaded so I shutdown my PC and reboot without caches to load it correctly. No way.

I can't boot anymore my hdd install which works once !!! I don't understand why it's working sometimes.... I don't change any parameters !

What error are you getting?

try boot with -v -f

I had no error, I'm just stuck at DSMOS has arrived all the time, except once or twice where I got the setup screen. I don't change my config. I'd like to understand why I get the screen only sometimes :-(

Thanks for caring, Jake Lo!

Just for the record, I give up. :( Deleted the vanilla kexts from SLE all right, installed yours. No way.

Too much hassle for me. Maybe I got an odd (replaced) display so the ID wont fit anymore.

I´ll rather save for a MBP or maybe purchase a DELL E6420.

@Tberdy: Good to know I´m not alone with this issue. Hope you can return your T410 as well.

Jake Lo,

I will get my T410 today.  I have a success installation of Mavericks 10.9.2 on X201.   If  I just replace X201 DSDT by T410  DSDT,  replace 1280x800 Graphics KEXT in E/E  by 1440x900 KEXT.    I think that will work for T410.  what is your opinion?   -- Clone will be the fastest way to get Mavericks working on a new machine  , even different model.

Appreciated.

---update ----

Works perfectly.

ThinkPad_T410_6iuj18us_SLIC21_no_whitelist.zip
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hn29dp

1.Clone disk from X201, replace DSDT.aml, SMBIOS.plist, BOOT.plist

2.Run myFix, choose FULL Fix on Cloned disk

3.Insert into T410.  boot without problem.  Then fix sound.  everything looks good.

only issue -- CPU cooling fan keeps running all the time (it might be the bios v1.35 issue or DSDT,  I am not sure)

--05/15/2014--

Tested with eSATA port on T410.  works perfectly.

WI-FI: AzureWave/Atheros AW-NE773 AR5BHB92 WiFi Mini-PCI-E  dual band
WWAN: Sierra Wireless MC8700 3G Unlocked Module HSPA+21Mbps
PCI Express Slot: USB 3.0 PCI-Express 34

Only SD card reader -- I am still looking for  properly patched VoodooSDHC for T410

I created SSDT for i5-560M 2.66 Ghz,  it seems improve the cooling fan issue.