DELL E6430 with Nvs 5200m - sleep problem

yjbyf

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please post all vanilla dsdt/ssdt, not this modified/merge dsdt.

Here are the attachments.

There are three log files in bootLog.zip :

1. Successfully boot kernel log file without turning off nv card in dsdt.

2. Boot kernel log file with turning off nv card in dsdt and without enabling optimus in bios.

Running into a black blank screen. No screen output.

3. Boot panic photo shot with turning off nv card in dsdt and with enabling optimus in bios.

Thanks a lot.

bootLog.zip

Extra.zip

Sorry, but they are not vanilla (unmodified, unpatched) files. If you want to extract dsdt, ssdt from Windows, use RW-Everything or AIDA64.

Your CPU Power Management is not configured correctly, ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin is not meant to loaded on IvyBridge system, maybe wrong smbios, old ACPIPlatform, etc.

Sorry, but they are not vanilla (unmodified, unpatched) files. If you want to extract dsdt, ssdt from Windows, use RW-Everything or AIDA64.

Your CPU Power Management is not configured correctly, ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin is not meant to loaded on IvyBridge system, maybe wrong smbios, old ACPIPlatform, etc.

Here are dsdt files from bios using clover.

Would you like give me any suggestion how to fix it? Thanks.

origin.zip

Try those files: DSDT.aml and SSDT-1.aml (it's actually your SSDT-7.aml).

I basically apply the patch of Dell E5x30, then rename ssdt-7.aml to ssdt-1.aml. (I applied the 1366x768 patch, if you're using 1600x900, apply the patch here):

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6372-guide-dell-latitude-5x30-clover-install-guide/ (Step 14)

You also have to create SSDT.aml by SSDTPrgen to get working cpu, and for chameleon to load ssdt-1.aml.

Also, disable hibernate mode by run this on terminal:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

Archive.zip

Try those files: DSDT.aml and SSDT-1.aml (it's actually your SSDT-7.aml).

I basically apply the patch of Dell E5x30, then rename ssdt-7.aml to ssdt-1.aml. (I applied the 1366x768 patch, if you're using 1600x900, apply the patch here):

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6372-guide-dell-latitude-5x30-clover-install-guide/ (Step 14)

You also have to create SSDT.aml by SSDTPrgen to get working cpu, and for chameleon to load ssdt-1.aml.

Also, disable hibernate mode by run this on terminal:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

Thanks for your help. I'll spend some time to study what you did to DSDT and SSDT files by comparing the difference and find out why to do so.