[SOLVED] e6400 sleep 10.9.2 broken

tonytt

My e6400 slept perfectly with 10.9.1 so i took the leap of faith and updated to 10.9.2 hoping all would work and of course something broke. Everything is great but sleep. I can put it to sleep by the apple button but can't get it to wake up at all. I have to press the power button to reboot. When I close the lid nothing happens lcd stays on. And lastly in 10.9.1 when i pressed the power button it asked if i wanted to sleep, shutdown etc. now i get nothing when i press the power button short of holding it long enough to reboot. I searched everywhere and can not find a answer. Am I the only one with this issue?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

A fellow user found this over on the D models, try it:

Alright, so after some fiddling around I think I got the sleep issue resolved!  :-)

What I had to do was to remove AppleACPIPlatform.kext from the Extras folder and leave the original one alone in S/L/E (10.9.2 installs a new AppleACPIPlatform.kext, even if you removed it previously). Then I ran myFix full with myHack and native sleeping is resolved, albeit going to actual sleep takes a little longer than previously.

I was encouraged here to always remove the AppleACPIPlatform.kext that is in S/L/E because it sometimes causes slow or unresponsive restart and shutdown.

If I leave AppleACPIPlatform.kext both in Extras and S/L/E then sleep doesn't work. The same goes if I leave it in Extras and delete the one in S/L/E. The only way to fix is it to remove the one in Extras and leave the one in S/L/E.

I will test this out for awhile and see if I run into issues. Atm, restart and shutdown seem to both function fine, as long as everything else.