D620 nVidia - help with kernel panic

jaa93997

Hi there:

So i have this dell D620, nvidia video, installed snow leopard 10.6.0, installation went OK, (with myhack USB) all the way trough. After runinng EDP, (which informed everything went all right), upon restart, kernel panic, like so:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x558993): "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".n"@/Sourcecache/xnu/xnu-1456.1.25/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1389

Any comments on how to fix this will be very much appreciatted, thank you.

Hello again, so i followed your instructions, and the computer booted up just fine, upon startup it has only wifi, no battery management, no sound. OS X is 10.6. So i re-run EDP, once again it reports succesful installation, once again upon reboot, the same kernel panic. What could the issue be? 

I also forgot to mention, to boot with the myhack USB, i have to use boot verbose, otherwise it just hangs. I have double checked my bios settings, the one thing that i am not sure of is my processor, wich is T7200 core2duo, not just core duo. I read somewhere that the dual core setting should be disabled. Thank you for your help with the issue.

• Administrators

Use myHack 3.1.2 for SL, v3.3.1 does not support it well and most users reported issues. Do not disable dual core, whatever you read was mistaken. Recommended BIOS settings have been posted in this very forum sub-section, use them. Use the appropriate D620 bootpack when you create your myHack USB installer. Once you've 1st booted into SL, go straight to SL 10.6.8 update via combo update (that you'll need to download of course) before you install and run EDP. It'll be much quicker and easier this way.