WXGA+ to replace original?

muranb

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has successfully replaced a WXGA 1280 x 800 screen with a WXGA+ 1440 x 900 in a Dell D630?

I've cracked mine and want to replace but while I'm at it I am thinking of dropping in a higher res screen if this is compatible.

Mine is the Intel system.

Thanks.

• Administrators

make sure if you do get the screen you get it with its connector ribbon.... low res and high res screens are interchangeable but you need the cable as well. there should be more info in the archives here try a search.

As long as it's CCFL and not LED, it should work fine.

I replaced the screen on my D830 numerous times. First it was to upgrade to 1920 x 1200 WUXGA, but I found the 15" display and that resolution made the text and font far too small. Then I replaced it with 1680 x 1050 WXSGA+ and found the resolution was perfect. I also upgraded from matte to glossy which made the colors a lot more vivid and detailed.

At first I made sure to purchase original Dell OEM screens. But then I skipped and got one from unknown Chinese manufacturer, because it was brand new and gauranteed no dead pixels. This one works very good and I'm very happy with it.