Asus M50VC no audio WLAN and LAN after installation

HertzPL

Hello everybody,

I'm struggling to get my hackintosh fully working. I've succesfully installed OSX MAVERICKS on my laptop (asus m50vc with these specs: http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/M50Vc/#specifications) but i don't have Audio, WLAN and LAN working. When i tried connecting to internet via ethernet cable while fist boot config, it gave me kernel panic. I've tried patching my kexts with multifail but all it does is that it makes my laptop go blackscreened on boot after i installed some stuffs from it. My question is: is it even possible to get audio and WLAN working on this laptop? what kexts should i install and how (with multifail or manually?).

thanks in advance!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Hello everybody,

I'm struggling to get my hackintosh fully working. I've succesfully installed OSX MAVERICKS on my laptop (asus m50vc with these specs: http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/M50Vc/#specifications) but i don't have Audio, WLAN and LAN working. When i tried connecting to internet via ethernet cable while fist boot config, it gave me kernel panic. I've tried patching my kexts with multifail but all it does is that it makes my laptop go blackscreened on boot after i installed some stuffs from it. My question is: is it even possible to get audio and WLAN working on this laptop? what kexts should i install and how (with multifail or manually?).

thanks in advance!

What method did you use to install OSX? myHack as that's what we support? or some other method?

You can try voodooHDA & AppleHDADisable for audio, but not sure what device you have for LAN and WLAN. 

I did use myhack method. I tried installing voodooHDA from multi beast(not sure if that's correct way of installing kexts)but it wasn't working. So how do i install kexts properly? I think that what i have for WLAN is intel WiFi 5100.

• Moderators

I did use myhack method. I tried installing voodooHDA from multi beast(not sure if that's correct way of installing kexts)but it wasn't working. So how do i install kexts properly? I think that what i have for WLAN is intel WiFi 5100.

All intel Wireless is no supported in OSX, so you'll need to replace it. Click on DW1510 in my signature file below for a list of tested cards.

Since you're using the myHack method, you should only use that to install/uninstall kext. Put the files in Extra/Extensions and launch myHack.app in Applications, select myfix (quick). Try voodooHDA 2.8.4, do a search within this forum, you should be able to find it.

Did you get LAN working? Launch the terminal and type in "lspci -nn". You should see what devices you have on your system.

LAN doesn't work. I Got kernel panic When i hv chosen Ethernet connection on first boot config. Since i'm out of US, i can't get tenda USB card and D-Link is out of my price range for now. I'll try some cheap USB card that is said to be compatible with mac. Currently i'm not at home but i will be later today. If i understand you correctly, what i have to do is to copy voodooHDA kext to extentions folder and then launch myfix and reboot with fingers crossed for working audio?

• Moderators

LAN doesn't work. I Got kernel panic When i hv chosen Ethernet connection on first boot config. Since i'm out of US, i can't get tenda USB card and D-Link is out of my price range for now. I'll try some cheap USB card that is said to be compatible with mac. Currently i'm not at home but i will be later today. If i understand you correctly, what i have to do is to copy voodooHDA kext to extentions folder and then launch myfix and reboot with fingers crossed for working audio?

You'll need both voodooHDA & AppleHDADisable for audio. Run lspci -nn and list the output here. Perhaps you don't have the right kext for you LAN.