Gobi 3000

npjohnson

I am attempting the DW5520 method on the E6420 using the Gobi 3000 Mini PCI card. (CDMA and Verizon as opposed to GSM and Orange), I folled all the steps, and I have found that it seems to be working and recognized by the WWAN section of System Info, and the APN to use is "vzwinternet" and that will get you dialed up to, though I do not use windows as an OS, I used a different laptop to extract the password. 

Though I have to wonder... For the Gobi 3000 there are linux drivers (with source code)... Technically speaking we could use a live boot disk and dial up, then extract the passwords from the /etc/network/interfaces or /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections, both locations store logs of the connection, The password and Username can be extracted from there. This is untested, but it should theoretically work...

• Administrators

According to online documentation, Gobi3000 (MDM6600) is used on Sierra MC8355 card. As such, you could try to create a WWAN entry in the CellPhoneHelper kext based on existing Sierra entries.