No QE/CI on Mavericks 10.9.2 D830 Nvidia

polyzargone

Hi everyone,

Got a new D830 but I'm facing multiples issues to get the setup works.

It's a sandard Dell D830 Nvidia Quadro NVS 135M serie with Core2Duo T7250 2Go RAM.

BUT :

The LCD is dead so I've remove it and it's now connected to an external LCD Scrren via VGA outpout

AND :

No internal Drive, so I use an external USB disk with 1 MBR partition for Windows 8.1 and 1 MBR partition for Mavericks HFS+ journalised.

AHCI support (useless in my case) is enabled and the BIOS settings are those given by your Install Guide for D830 systems.

I first tried to create an USB install pen with MyHack 3.3.1 but it's stucked at Bluetooth Missing Controller etc… I tried to skip the MBR patch and do it later using InsanelyMac method and I also tried a lots of Boot flags, but no changes.

So I create another one with Pandora's box and I can boot fine and install Mavericks. I've noticed that the installer doesn't create a boot file and there's no Extra folder too. Hopefully, because it's just an USB disk I've just plug it in another Mac and did it manually (using MyHack to install the D830 mav bootpack Extra folder).

So I can boot and configure the system.

But I tried to use EDP post install tool to enable QE/CI on my setup and it just fails. Natit is installed but there's no QE/CI. I've tried to download a fresh Natit kext from OSX86.net (which is strangely 7Mb where the EDP one is about 77 Ko) but it's still the same.

I know it's an unusual type of configuration but it should works. Any ideas ? Thanks

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

EDP does not help in anyway obtain full QE/CI on nVidia Quadro NVS 135M systems as this GPU works OOB with all recent OS X versions (SL, L, ML, Mav), well at least with installations made with myHack + Chameleon with GraphicsEnabler set to Yes. There is no need for Natit at all, I would recommend that you remove it.

This being said, mixing myHack and Pandora... hmm, you're opting for such a complicated way...

Hello,

Thanks for help. I know that mixing differents method is not a good idea :-) but I never had any success booting the MyHack USB pen. It always hangs at that Missing bluetooth controller. whatever I do.

So how can I enable QE/CI for the Nvidia without Natit, plist Editing or boot Flag GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No ? Using the DSDT from the bootpack doesn't change anything.

Well, the exact message is ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::Start - waitForService(ressourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment) timed out

with boot flags :

arch=x86_64

UseKernelCache=No

USBBusFix=Yes

GraphicsEnabler=Yes

- v

sometimes, I can go to :

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registeredLPCDriver - Warning - LPC device initialization failed : C:state power managment not initialized

• Administrators

Just in case, what's your BIOS version? Ideally, A15 or something like that, i.e. the latest.

Create your USB installer with myHack v3.3.1 then re-run myHack, opt for "install Extra" and point to the D830 nVidia bootpack. Then install Mavericks.

Your Extra/Extensions folder should only contain a few kexts such as the PS2 kexts, the AppleRTC kext, the Broadcom LAN kext and the FakeSMC kext. D830s, like D630s, do not need much more to begin with (CPUMonitor, TSCSync, AppleACPIPlatform and al. not required). EDP will then add audio kext packs and wifi kext if appropriate.

the BIOS is A17 (the latest) and removing extensions from E/E made no differences. Still hanging on at ACPI_Platform …power managment not initialized. I check that the plugins folder in the myHack.kext doesn't contain anything else than PS2 and FakeSMC, Broadcom Lan kexts.

Actual :

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

BCM5722D.kext

FakeSMC.kext

Original from D830 bootpack mav Nvidia :

AppleACPIPlatform.kext

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

BCM5722D.kext

FakeSMC.kext

IOATAFamily.kext