No QE/CI on Mavericks 10.9.2 D830 Nvidia

polyzargone

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Nope, it certainly should not show "GeForce" (it's a Quadro) and there should be no shared memory, only dedicated Video memory... Check your BIOS System info pages because it certainly sounds like you got the wrong model...

As I said, the LCD screen of the D830 is dead so I've totally removed it and it's just plug via VGA outpout to an External LCD Screen. I think that's the reason why it doesn't recognize the resolution. I'll try to plug it to another LCD (or CRT) screen because the one I'm actually using is in fact a TV screen with VGA input built-in.

But it doesn't explain why myHack fails where Pandora works (beside the fact that it doesn't provide QE/CI :mrgreen: )

• Administrators

You have an Intel wireless card; that needs to be disabled or, ideally, totally removed and replaced with a supported model. Intel cards can cause issues at installation if left in place or enabled.

Finally fix it ! (sort of…)

It's the Nvidia chip that's malfunctionning. I used boot flag nv_disable=1 -f -v and Tadaaaaaa ! I'm now installing mavericks with myHack 3.3.1. With Windows 8.1, the graphic card driver was already unable to properly install and I should have suspected it from the beginning :mrgreen:  !

So My D830 is finally useless as I don't have a working LCD Screen, a  working charging battery and las but not least, no 3D acceleration. What a Laptop :-P  !

Let's go to eBay to find a fully working D830 :mrgreen: