M6300 step-by-step OSX10.9

Daveychan

Greetz

This is (hopefully) an easy, step-by-step tutorial for installing OSX10.9 (and other Operating Systems) on your M6300. <UPDATE: I was able to update to 10.9.3 just fine after this installation.>

There’s not too much original information here, as it’s all been regurgitated from borrowed ideas in other posts and advice in forums everywhere.

A special THANK YOU to Sergeant for his advice and files that got me started on the right path for this!

Note: The attachments are a PDF with the step-by-step instructions and the files necessary to add to your OSX Installation Boot USB.

Post Install 1:  I followed the advice in another post here about the running myHack's myFix to fix the sleep issue.  My PC does wake up, but sadly my screen remains black ...  However, a nice "side-effect" from running myFix is that my internal WiFi is now working!  Yay!

Post Install 2: I've just updated this to 10.9.3 and then immediately (before the reboot) ran myHack's myFix (full).  Everything booted up happy happy.

M6300Extra10.9.zip

M6300Multiboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded).pdf

• Administrators

Interesting stuff, but why use Kext Wizard to add/replace kexts in /E/E of the USB installer? Just manually copy them there then run myFix (quick) on the USB installer. It's always potentially dangerous to mix myHack/myFix and other kext tools such as Kext Wizard.

Furthermore, myHack/myFix takes care of the kext cache, so -f bootflag should not be required.

You appear to have a different (better?) bootpack than maybe the one provided here, so that should simply be used at USB installer creation and no more messing with kexts and Kext Wizard.

Hi Herve,

thanks for your help i get my M6300 running, but without WLan (Intel Chipset).

I use this extra pakage:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6142-precision-m6300/page-2&do=findComment&comment=35090

But no i get this classiker error message on App Store:

"Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance."

I have a real SN in smbios.plist and renew the NIC configuration.

Any idea ?

thx for any help