ACER Aspire 5920G : DSMOS has arrived

Clemaister

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install Mac OSX Mavericks on an ACER Aspire 5920G laptop (Intel Core 2 Duo T5450, Graphics by NVIDIA GeForce 8600m GT).

The first time I was attempting a boot in verbose mode, I got the "Configuration end, bridge x device 19" error.

As the boot flags "npci=0x2000" and "npci=0x3000" weren't effective, I added IOPCIFamily.kext and AppleAPCIPlatform.kext in the Extra folder, which made the installation hang at "Configuration Begin".

So I made a copy of IOPCIFamily.kext in the S/L/E folder, which corrected the error but gave me the "DSMOS has arrived" error.

Now I tried to replace FakeSMC.kext with a new one, and I copied it into the S/L/E folder. I also deleted all graphic kext : AppleIntelHD*.kext, AppleIntelSNB*.kext, AMDRadeon*.kext, ATI*.kext, GeForce*.kext and NVDA*.kext, which didn't change anything.

Of course I tried to boot with the "GraphicsEnabler=No" and the "-x" boot flags.

One more thing, before the "DSMOS has arrived" line shows up, I noticed the following errors : 

"BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist : 2 No such file or directory",
"SuperIODevice : [Fatal] found unsupported ship ITE sequence ID=0xfc11, Winbond sequence ID=0xffff"

Any idea on how to fix it ? 

Thanks for your time.

• Administrators

Is this a myHack installation? If it is, then you certainly should not replace kexts in /S/L/E but in /E/E! Especially kexts like FakeSMC as your replacement in /S/L/E will be completely ignored!

10.9.2 usually requires its original AppleACPIPlatform kext to be left untouched in /S/L/E. "DSMOS has arrived" is not an error by the way (=Do not Steal Mac OS)...

Is there a particular logic in what you're trying or you're just trying things sort of blind?

Is this a myHack installation? If it is, then you certainly should not replace kexts in /S/L/E but in /E/E! Especially kexts like FakeSMC as your replacement in /S/L/E will be completely ignored!

10.9.2 usually requires its original AppleACPIPlatform kext to be left untouched in /S/L/E. "DSMOS has arrived" is not an error by the way (=Do not Steal Mac OS)...

Is there a particular logic in what you're trying or you're just trying things sort of blind?

First of all thanks for your reply.

Yes, it is a myHack install disk.  I'm just following some threads of forums with people having the same problem than me.

Also I was replacing kexts in S/L/E because it worked for the IOPCIFamily.kext, whereas it wasn't solving anything when placing it in the E/E.

I said that DSMOS was an error because the installation hangs there, sorry about that.

According to your advice I will begin first with removing the FakeSMC of S/L/E, and restoring AppleACPIPlatform kext.