Dell Inspiron 3x37-5x37-7x37 Clover Installation

greg2204

I have a solution for the 1080p Inspiron 7537's dark screen after booting up which works most of the time. You can only install OS X and preform the first setup process with the boot flag GraphicsEnabler=No. After that, when the display turns black while booting up, wait a few seconds and press Ctrl+Shift+power button, you know if you were successful if the backlight goes off. Now do something with the touchpad to turn the screen back again and it should show your desktop. (Please note that it only works if you enabled automatic login to a user account.)

Never, unless you can mod bios and disable Intel HD4400.

Hello Pokenguyen. Thanks for you guide, I have sent my thank you via paypal.

Please advice about HDMI port on inspiron 7537, HD4400 4200U.

Is any chance to get it work, or I must buy USB-HDMI displaylink and forget.

Thanks!

I have a solution for the 1080p Inspiron 7537's dark screen after booting up which works most of the time. You can only install OS X and preform the first setup process with the boot flag GraphicsEnabler=No. After that, when the display turns black while booting up, wait a few seconds and press Ctrl+Shift+power button, you know if you were successful if the backlight goes off. Now do something with the touchpad to turn the screen back again and it should show your desktop. (Please note that it only works if you enabled automatic login to a user account.)

Thank you so much, but GraphicsEnabler=No only works with Chameleon,while my guide uses Clover UEFI. 

Can you help me edit the guide (what step should we do that) with Clover UEFI?

Hello Pokenguyen. Thanks for you guide, I have sent my thank you via paypal.

Please advice about HDMI port on inspiron 7537, HD4400 4200U.

Is any chance to get it work, or I must buy USB-HDMI displaylink and forget.

Thanks!

Thank you, I don't have Dell 7537 now so I can't investigate more. I have same problem with Dell E7440, HP Probook G1 (they use HD4400/4600), and no one bother to figure out what causes this. I hope that some late OS X updates can fix it.

Be careful with USB-HDMI. I'm not sure it will work.

Thank you, I don't have Dell 7537 now so I can't investigate more. I have same problem with Dell E7440, HP Probook G1 (they use HD4400/4600), and no one bother to figure out what causes this. I hope that some late OS X updates can fix it.

Be careful with USB-HDMI. I'm not sure it will work.

Thanks friend, I will wait for updates...

Hi pokenguyen,

I read about Optimus. So sad that we couldn't do anything about nVIDIA Geforce GT 750M.

One more thing, How can I make my Audio work? I couldn't see it in System Preferences\Sound.

Thank you.

Thank you so much, but GraphicsEnabler=No only works with Chameleon,while my guide uses Clover UEFI. 

Can you help me edit the guide (what step should we do that) with Clover UEFI?

I think unchecking InjectIntel in the Clover menu and adding -x as a boot flag for the setup and the first boot would do the trick.