Dell Inspiron 3x37-5x37-7x37 Clover Installation

greg2204

+1.

I followed the guide with your files, and everything went well.

I actually added the github path for the laptop patches. I'll try it again. Though I'd appreciate if you can do the patching for me.

Also, the patches are supposed to be on the left side of the patch window? I remember seeing some sort of folders with numbers. What "folder" am I supposed to look for for the laptop patches? Is the shutdown/reboot spinning logo fix there?

I've done all the steps required successfully, except for step 18 (SSDT-8.dsl to SSDT-2.aml)

I didn't get any errors related to _OFF(), but I have another error...

334, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ARG0

this is the line concerned...

Device (DD02)
        {
            Method (_ADR, 0, Serialized)  // _ADR: Address
            {
                Return (\_SB.PCI0.IGPU.DD02._ADR ())
            }

Method (_DCS, 0, NotSerialized)  // _DCS: Display Current Status
            {
                Return (\_SB.PCI0.IGPU.DD02._DCS ())
            }

Method (_DGS, 0, NotSerialized)  // _DGS: Display Graphics State
            {
                Return (\_SB.PCI0.IGPU.DD02._DGS ())
            }

Method (_DSS, 1, NotSerialized)  // _DSS: Device Set State
            {
            }

Method (_BCL, 0, NotSerialized)  // _BCL: Brightness Control Levels
            {
                Return (\_SB.PCI0.IGPU.DD02._BCL) /* External reference */
            }

Method (_BQC, 0, NotSerialized)  // _BQC: Brightness Query Current
            {
                Return (\_SB.PCI0.IGPU.DD02._BQC) /* External reference */
            }

Method (_BCM, 1, NotSerialized)  // _BCM: Brightness Control Method
            {
                Return (\_SB.PCI0.IGPU.DD02._BCM) /* External reference */
                Arg0                  (LINE 334)
            }
        }

Remove line 333 and 334, change to

Return (\_SB.PCI0.IGPU.DD02._BCM(Arg0))

Just read your reply now, I got it working, but what I did was simply delete line 334, compile, got the _OFF() error so I applied the extra patch. Is that ok? If not, how can I repatch? Repeat SSDT-8.dsl from scratch? That's fine with me if it's needed.

A couple more questions... I'm on 10.9.1, is there any configuration needed for HDMI or it will work oob? Audio? Aside from those, everything's looking good so far. Will probably buy the WiFi + BT 4.0 combo when I get some extra money.

That's OK already.

About HDMI Audio, no one reported yet. I don't own any Haswell laptop currently.

I meant to ask if HDMI video out would work (ignore the audio out part)? How about audio through the speakers or headphone jack? Last question, is it ok to change model number to MacBookPro11,1 or should it stay MacBookAir6,2? I'm asking because the serial I entered is apparently for a late 2013 13-in retina model, so the About this Mac shows that, but the image is an Air. Kinda oc.

I meant to ask if HDMI video out would work (ignore the audio out part)? How about audio through the speakers or headphone jack? Last question, is it ok to change model number to MacBookPro11,1 or should it stay MacBookAir6,2? I'm asking because the serial I entered is apparently for a late 2013 13-in retina model, so the About this Mac shows that, but the image is an Air. Kinda oc.

You're using an Ultra voltage CPU, MacBook Pro does not use U CPU. Changing smbios can cause problems.

If you want to change SMBIOS, select Copy All in CC.

Ok, is there a patch for AppleHDA for this?

0x80869C20, 0x102805F3, 0x10EC0283, 0x0003, Realtek (Unknown)

I ordered a cheap replacement wireless card, a Dell 1702 (Atheros AR5B95, seems to have a working kext) from ebay, now waiting for it to arrive. For now I just hook up into ethernet at home and use Windows 8.1 when I need wireless.

Hello i come to you with my dell 7537, install is good on mavericks, and i just instaled with Yosemite and i have artefacts on the desctop, the webcam does not work and the soundcard is recognized, but the its no longer works with appleHDA