Dell Inspiron 3x37-5x37-7x37 Clover Installation

greg2204

Alright, so I dove in and tried to install the 10.10.2 Developer's preview - and I think I basically lost any graphics support

Under System Report, it shows I'm rocking an Intel 4400 - but it says I only have 4MB of VRAM for it - and that there's no Kernel Extension running to support it -

The graphics are all choppy and it just is not working at full speed - any ideas as to what to do to fix it?

I don't even see Intel Azul under /S/L/E anymore - 

you should be able to extract it from the installer.

i'm actually 2 hrs away from home at the family's place for Thanksgiving break... and the install USB is back at home - do I just need to find a copy off of the Yosemite installer [download it somehow], or could you PM it to me [or is that against the rules??]

• Administrators

im also not near my osx machine.... i mostly use windows. but you should be able to get it out of the installer app if its in your app folder or a combo update with something like pacifist app. heck you might be able to maybe install the whole combo update right on top of your existing install. but if you where using a modified azul to begin with then maybe you need to find that version that worked for you. my graphics are capri not azul.

Alright! So I flashed a copy of the IntelAzul kext and it seems *MOST* of my graphics issues are gone - the only problem I have now is weird white line artifacting that flashes at random intervals [but definitely when i'm scrolling in chrome ]

also, when viewing a folder in the dock, the scrolling is SUPER slow, but About this Mac finally shows the gig of ram for my Video Card, so I'll work with what I have for now.

and also, my iMessage is now giving me [for the first time] the "There was a problem logging in" error - I usually would get the, call apple Support error and call and get it activated, but now I'm stuck with a useless iMessage.