Dell Inspiron 3x37-5x37-7x37 Clover Installation

greg2204

Hi, I  just want to ask if anyone encountered an error on X86PlatformPlugin while booting the installer?

My device is

Dell Inspiron 14 3437,

i3-4010U

HD4400

HM76 Chipset

I've tried disabling generate C-State/P-States, and the error didn't show up again but I still can't successfully boot the installer. It just stops after sometime, usually it displays some kSMCBadArgumentError errors.

The Install Yosemite app I'm using by the way, I've just downloaded this week if that's relevant.

And also, I've already managed to install mavericks on this laptop using chameleon. I already have patched ssdt ,dsdt. Could I just use them on yosemite with clover?

• Moderators

Do you have HD 4400 or HD 4600?

Assuming you don't have any Clover patch for the graphics, you can get the patched kexts below.

For HD 4400, you can get the patched files here. Select E7x40 and grab HD5000 and AzulFB

For HD 4600, you can get that here.

Hello! I was just reading through the comments but could not find a similar issue. So here it is - I am tried to install Yosemite on my Inspiron 3537 and I followed your guide till the 11th step and ran the HVT tool with selected options. But the problem is I am unable to continue and mount EFI partition as I have to always boot in safe mode for OS X to boot properly, and in safe mode mounting FAT32  volumes (EFI) is not allowed. Whenever I try to boot normally without the -x flag in verbose mode, OS X shows no errors in verbose mode and it passes, but immediately after verbose screen, I get stuck at a black screen with a white apple logo and a loading bar with mouse available, no progress in loading bar. If I boot in safe mode it boots fine, but then I cannot mount EFI and there is no graphics acceleration or sound. I tried many flags like GraphicsEnabler=No, -f, etc. but they don't work. How do I solve this issue? Can someone help me out?  :?  :?