Dell Inspiron 3x37-5x37-7x37 Clover Installation

greg2204

I tried that multiple times, but selecting in normal mode makes the apple logo screen appear with the progress bar filling till nearly 50% and then it gets stuck, followed by a graphical glitch where the apple logo becomes distorted completely. The screen is just stuck like that.

Oh and my specs are -
Intel Core i3 4th Gen Haswell CPU
Intel 4400HD I-GPU / ATI Radeon 8670M GPU
2 GB LDDR3 RAM
128 GB Toshiba SSD

I've followed all the instructions in the guide exactly as said except while formatting the SSD Drive using setup disk utility in GPT format I made two partitions one for Windows 7 and another for Yosemite.

• Moderators

Launch MaciASL, select 'Patch' and paste this code in the right window, hit Apply, close and save.

#   Inject Audio info
into method label _DSM parent_label HDEF remove_entry;
into device label HDEF insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "layout-id", Buffer() { 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
        "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
        "PinConfigurations", Buffer() { },\n
    })\n
}\n
end;
  • Like 1

Hi again and thank you so much, I apply the patch to DSDT.aml in efi/acpi/patched but before and after I get an error from maciasl

OperationRegion (HRPE, SystemMemory, \_GPE.MMTB (0x04), Field (HRPE, DWordAcc, Lock, Preserve)

This line give me: syntax error unexpected parseop_field

Can you help me with this please? if I try to save the program say no

EDIT: I repaired DSDT and I have deleted applehda and hdaenabler3 from kext folder in clover and now is working!!! thank you!!!

• Moderators

@hukare

add this to KextToPatch

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>9MB cursor bytes patch</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
YAAAAABg2Q==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
kAAAAABg2Q==
</data>
</dict>

@kvasil

See here by Hervé. If you have an O2Micro SD card reader, try that. You'll need to look through the reg to find where you reader is stored, use ioregistryexplorer v2.1

Thank you again Jake Lo, but I have no idea how to add that to kexttopatch, I have clover configurator but I don't know how to use it. When I open clover configurator the program says I have to mount EFI partition, this is all I know to use of the program. Can you help me with a script or something?

EDIT: its working!!! I add the name of kexttopatch and the comment etc... and now I see sharp letters, thank you again!!!

• Moderators

There are 2 ways to do this, modify the config.plist with a text editor which I mentioned or use Clover Configuration. Either way, you need to mount the hidden EFI partition. 

To do it with CC, select mount, enter your password. Click on file to open/import -> point to the config.plist in EFI/Clover directory.

Once file is loaded, on the left, click on Kernel and Kext Patches, then in the middle of the window, click on the + sign to add a new patch

Enter info as highlighted below. When finish, click on file, save/export

Screen Shot 2015-05-26 at 10.32.36 AM.png

• Like 1