Dell Inspiron 3x37-5x37-7x37 Clover Installation

greg2204

Hi!

Thanks for the step by step guide, it worked really great!

However, I had to do almost all the steps that @tobefriend had to follow to make the Intel Graphics works (I didn't have any troubles for access rights though). Just have to install a new WiFi card :-).

Just two complaints/issues:

- The key mapping which is not good (I guess there is a guide somewhere... Didn't look for it until now, I will at some point)

- I have some strange artefacts on the transparent stuff (picture attached), but not everywhere... Anybody with the same issue?

Thanks in advance.

post-82226-0-78002500-1440755245_thumb.png

post-82226-0-15461200-1440755400_thumb.png

Hi genjineos. Yes, I have some artefact as well, but I cancel this fancy stuff. I don't mind by using "reduced transparency" in system preference --> accessibility. It's also boost the performance of my machine.

If you still want it, please wait for Jake Lo or Herve'

• Moderators

@genjineous

check for this in your config, kextToPatch. Should fix the issue.

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>0x0a260006 9MB cursor bytes patch</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
BgAmCgEDAwMAAAACAAAwAQAAYAA=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
BgAmCgEDAwMAAAACAAAwAQAAkAA=
</data>
</dict>

@tobefriend, thanks for confirming.

Jake Lo or Hervé - can you help me ? my english not good, but I'll try to describe my trouble

I'm Dell 7537 owner (Intel Core i7-4510U,  8 GB DDR3, 1 TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M / Intel HD 4400 ). I used before Mavericks and it worked fine (aprox over 2 years), but a few days ago OS was crashed and now I have installed Yosemite now (10.10.5), but it doesn't work fine (however I have installed kexts from guide): no sound (but I tried to install different kexts - like modified by you here, and kext from HVT (ALC 283 v2)), OS works slowly (seems like trouble with graphical card) - I have installed HD 4400 / 4600 fix kexts from it. Now OS works a little faster, but a lot better in terms of mouse pointer but still not fast and smooth as Maverick I worked before. The same with application windows or switching between tabs - it works with lags (for example in Safari when I move mouse pointer to tab - pointer is hidden behind tab for a few second). 

I attached my config and DSDT and patched SSDT-files

archive.zip

@genjineous

check for this in your config, kextToPatch. Should fix the issue.

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>0x0a260006 9MB cursor bytes patch</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
BgAmCgEDAwMAAAACAAAwAQAAYAA=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
BgAmCgEDAwMAAAACAAAwAQAAkAA=
</data>
</dict>

@tobefriend, thanks for confirming.

@Jake Lo: Thanks for the fix, it did the trick. However, a VGA screen to a a HDMI to VGA adapter doesn't work for me... Even with your last config.list you gave to tobefriend. I honestly suspect a faulty adapter, it works well only under Linux... I'll try directly on my TV on HDMI only when I'll have time.

@Wow-man: I had the same troubles, and I followed all the steps (well, more or less) that tobefriend followed a few pages from here and it works perfectly now. You can try those if you want.

genjineos, thanx for your answer, but I tried to do the same steps before I wrote here. At the moment I rebuilded the system cache and as result lags with mouse pointer, safari tabs and other windows are removed. OS works faster - It works as it should be work, but something is wrong... I can't open video-files (tried .mov, .avi and .mpg extensions)

AppleIntelFramebufferAzul and AppleIntelHD5000Graphics  are in /S/L/E