Dell Inspiron 3x37-5x37-7x37 Clover Installation

greg2204

• Moderators

Kextutility and Kextwizard don't patch kexts, they install kexts by copying them to the given directory and fixing permissions. 

Patches on-the-fly in the Config.plist include these which are already done by the pokenguyen.

• Patching AppleHDA's binary
  • Enabling Trimming
  • Patching Kernel to prevent auto reboot of Haswell system (Clover feature)
  • Patching of AICPUPM (Clover feature)

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help me with this one i've been trying a lot of things but i cannot enable HDMI audio on my machine.

The setup is Dell Inspiron 15 3537

Core i7 4500U

8GB Ram

Intel HD4400 / switchable to AMD Radeon (however when i dump my ssts i cannot get SSDT-8)

1TB HDD

ALC 283 audio

I have upgraded from Yosemite to El Capitan with some small problems but now it is fine however i cannot adjust the backlight with the FN key like i could before. 

I have dumped new DSDT and SSDT today with the latest Clover and rematched the files using this Guide:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8526-guide-dell-inspiron-3x37-5x37-7x37-clover-yosemiteel-capitan/

Because my audio was not working at all. Thanks to the guide and to repatching now my audio works fine but still no sign of HDMI audio for which i am desperate. Can someone please help me and tell me what is wrong with the configuration

I am uploading everything i have done to the system.

All the kexts installed and also my CLOVER folder.

I dont know if there is a newer fakepci kext set which i supposed to install??(Update just tried installing the latest Fakepciid and still no HDMI Audio)

CLOVER.zip

Installed_Kexts.zip

• Moderators

add this patch to SSDT-1.aml. See if it will enable HDMI audio. If not, then it could be that HDMI Audio is attached to the AMD device

#Maintained by: RehabMan for: Laptop Patches#graphics_Rename-B0D3.txt

# for DSDT

into method label _WAK code_regex B0D3 replaceall_matched begin HDAU end;
into definitionblock code_regex B0D3 replaceall_matched begin HDAU end;

# inject "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" into HDAU (B0D3 originally)
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00030000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x00030000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "layout-id", Buffer() { 12, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
        "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

into device label B0D3 set_label begin HDAU end;
into method label SBCB code_regex B0D3 replaceall_matched begin HDAU end;

Thanks for the response however it still doesn't want to work i have checked if it is attached to the AMD graphics but i have disabled it in windows and the sound is working so i presume it is attached to the intel hd. 
One weird thing when i was repatching the ssdt-s i have extracted them by selecting generate p and c states and then F4 after reboot but that was using the installed clover not via usb. SSD-8 was simply missing can anyone tell me why?
Also i have tried this to enable cdmi : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/310530-el-capitan-applehda-hdmi-audio/
I have used to CloverHDMI script and it said that i do not have HDMI Cocecs installed.
Perhaps that is the problem but i have googled and i cannot get any clue howto install them. 
Also if anyone could post the 10.11.4 vanilla apple hda kext i would appreciate it.
Thanks for the help once again

Have no fear as solution is here :)

Anyone having problem to enable HDMI audio on Realtek ALC283 here is the solution: one single change is needed to the patch where it says "layout-id", Buffer() { 12, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 }

Change it to "layout-id", Buffer() { 3, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 }

Apply the patch to ssdt-1 copy it to your efi partition to efi/clover/acpi/patched

Reboot and jobe done

Below i have posted the modified patch if anyone just want to copy and paste

#Maintained by: RehabMan for: Laptop Patches#graphics_Rename-B0D3.txt

# for DSDT

into method label _WAK code_regex B0D3 replaceall_matched begin HDAU end;
into definitionblock code_regex B0D3 replaceall_matched begin HDAU end;

# inject "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" into HDAU (B0D3 originally)
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00030000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x00030000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "layout-id", Buffer() { 3, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
        "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

into device label B0D3 set_label begin HDAU end;
into method label SBCB code_regex B0D3 replaceall_matched begin HDAU end;
  • Like 1

Can you remove the "layout-id" and see if it still works?

It's left out on my E7x40 and E7450 systems and HDMI audio still works.

Yes it works. Thanks very much.

Now i'm experiencing weird problem.

If i am using the OSX for a few hours, it starts to be very laggy the mouse freezes a little like the framerate would be low in a game.

Also when i shutdown after those few hours it never turns off correctly the power light stays on and i have to hold the power off button for a few seconds to turn it off.

The weirdest issue with this is that if i use it for like half an hour or so it works smoothly and shuts down correctly.

Any advice appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Alright: So I Upgraded from Yosemite to the 10.12 Sierra Public Beta and *ALMOST* everything works folks:

So it looks like when I try to rebuild the KextCache using RehabMan's method for the ALC982, this is the output at the end:

Code (Text):
kxld[org.tw.CodecCommander]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:

kxld[org.tw.CodecCommander]: IOHIKeyboard::attachToChild(IORegistryEntry*, IORegistryPlane const*)

kxld[org.tw.CodecCommander]: IOHIKeyboard::newUserClient(task*, void*, unsigned int, OSDictionary*, IOUserClient**)

kxld[org.tw.CodecCommander]: IOHIKeyboard::detachFromChild(IORegistryEntry*, IORegistryPlane const*)

kxld[org.tw.CodecCommander]: IORegistryEntry::_RESERVEDIORegistryEntry0()

Link failed (error code 5).

Prelink failed for org.tw.CodecCommander; omitting from prelinked kernel.

KernelCache ID: 55899612A84DCCE2F11AE80AFF4C6DF5

symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

Also: It appears that the VodooPS2Controller is failing: when I use F5, it is being recognized as B, and I can't edit the Trackpad settings in the Preferences yet

Also 2: I can't disable the Screen Flashing in Accessibility > Audio > Flash the screen when an alert sound occurs - no matter how many time i toggle [onn/off] since it's off by default, the screen still flashes!