Dell Inspiron 3x37-5x37-7x37 Clover Installation

greg2204

Good afternoon all! I have a [basically] great working Sierra install that last night decided to quit out on me.

booting takes me to a timeout error and I have no clue how I'm supposed to recover from this [see attached]

I tried updating Clover by installing the newest build to a usb drive, copying the required files and then overwriting my /EFI/CLOVER partition but for some reason no matter how many times I replace /EFI/CLOVER it always reads the oldest build number [3599]

I also to remove the troublesome kext but was left not knowing which was the actual culprit... any ideas as to this error?

Thank you for any help!

V8OfaAF.jpg

EFI/BOOT/Clover generated efi file should be only file in that folder

Ahhh gotchya! 

------------------------------

Alright so I've definitely narrowed it down to an issue with CLOVER, as I created another partition and installed a fresh copy of Sierra to it, and booting to it failed terribly as well.

I [at first] used my personal config.plist with my personal acpi/patched folder, that booted the new partition just as far as my error above.

Next, I used a generic config.plist with no acpi/patched, and it booted far but didn't get anywhere.

Attached you will find my EFI/CLOVER compressed with everything except the themes folder, and has debug.log at CLOVER/misc.

debug.log is showing on the top half, a failed boot to my macOS Partition containing Sierra, and then a successful boot to my MacintoshHD partition containing El Capitan, which I am writing this post from.

If you could take a look and tell me if you see anything wonky it'd be extremely appreciated!

Current HDD setup:

HDD1: [layout: Partition name + Recovery - current OS installed]

Partition 1: MacintoshHD + Recovery - El Capitan

Partition 2: macOS2 + recovery - Sierra partition in process of installation

Partition 3: macOS + recovery  - [once] working Sierra partition

HDD2:

Partition 1: Windows 10

EFI/BOOT/Clover generated efi file should be only file in that folder

CLOVER.zip