Help with Performance tuning with FakeSMC & SMBIOS plist

sangahm

I closely followed the instructions until I hit #10

"10) Once this is done, close Plist Editor Pro, move or copy the modified FakeSMC kext to /E/E, run myFix (full) to repair permissions and rebuild cache. Then, with Chameleon Wizard, change your SMBIOS plist to the new targeted version."

How do I use CW to change the SMBIOS plist to the new version?  Where is the new version that I'm pointing it to?

I See in the org.chameleon.Boot section a box next to SMBios.plist and then a blank field, and 3 checkboxes underneath.  But I'm unsure of what to put in there.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

But where is the SMBios that I'm supposed to load?  It's not in the article nor made mention of anywhere before that step.

Anyway, I omitted that step (not good), moved the extra kext files to another folder and rebooted.  And as you can probably guess, now it won't boot.  I get the spinning apple loading but nothing past that.  When booting in -x -v -F mode, i get a KP.

Not sure what to do now.

• Moderators

But where is the SMBios that I'm supposed to load?  It's not in the article nor made mention of anywhere before that step.

Anyway, I omitted that step (not good), moved the extra kext files to another folder and rebooted.  And as you can probably guess, now it won't boot.  I get the spinning apple loading but nothing past that.  When booting in -x -v -F mode, i get a KP.

Not sure what to do now.

System won't boot without FakeSMC.kext. You'll need to restore it. Either slave the drive, move the file back, and run myfix or boot with your USB Installer, use the terminal to copy the file back and run myfix.

What you're suppose to do if the instruction is not clear, is launch Chameleon Wizard, click on the SMBios tab, select edit and choose from the left what Mac hardware you're emulating. If you tuned FakeSMC to MBP 8.1, then change it to that model from the dropdown. If you tuned it to MBA 6.1, then change it to that.

Thanks.  I was able to boot up from the USB install drive and saw that i could get to MyHack from there (I did not realize I could do that).  I reloaded my Extra folder, to restore to the condition before trying the perfomrance tweaks.

I'll try again when I get more time.