clover help

jradomski

I have a Asus G750Jw-db71 laptop.  

I have 3 questions... What is the correct correct config.plist info for dropping th built in SSDT tables and using a patched one created by SSDTPRGEN.. I can't seem to find a complete answer and see alot of conflicting info..

Its not clear by the wiki, but if you use a patched DSDT (I have one with only the battery patched suggested by rehabman to support battery status) does clover still perfom patching of areas that are not patched or is the patching section skipped?

lastly..

I had this laptop working under cover using 10.9.1 (well mostly couldn't get QE/CI working) diecided to install 10.9.2 it failed.. Played with it and ended up doing a fresh install using chamelion..  I can boot using the chamelion USB stick and boot 10.9.2 but with clover, it hangs immediately.. if I use verbose It usually fails at

Pthread support ABORTS when sync kernel primitives misused

I usually also see during verbose booting "name" is not a kext..

I only have the following extra kexts installed. in the 10.9 directory

ACPIBacklight (rehabman)

ACPIBatteryManager (rehabman)

AHCI_3rdParty_SATA

ALXEthernet

BTFirmwareUploader

FakeSMC (rehabman)

NullCPUPowerManagement

VoodooPS2Controller (rehabman)

These all worked on previous install..

I tried the obvious (booting without casches, safe mode ect).. Initially under chamelion I had to boot without caches until I ran kext utility..

I am using a patched 10.9.2  (xcpm) kernel so that I can boot with chamelion.. Clover did not boot with an unpatched kernel.. Stuck in same place.. Any ideas? Is there a way to create a detailed log that I can share...

Use hackintosh vietnam tool to create a config.plist suit your laptop, then try again.

I figured out the correct drop settings, also found out under 10.9.2 most hardware is natively supported.  bt firmware uploader not needed. Just had to add device Id for Wi-Fi. Also the Ethernet now works without ALXEthernet. I removed applecpupower management  NullCPUPowerManagement since I copied the created ssdt.aml right now I temporarily removed the battery and backlight because one of them is causing intermittent lockups using chameleon.  Still locks under clover as above. Ill take a look at your program.

Haswell does not use AICPM, and you should use original mach_kernel with Clover, Clover will patch it correctly.

Here are unnecessary things for Clover:

patched mach_kernel (use vanilla kernel instead)

NullCPUPowerManagement (useless on Haswell)

already removed nullcpupower management, I said AICPM by mistake... . no difference with patched or vanilla kernel.. once I get it working I'll end up using the vanilla kernel but until then the only way I can boot is with chamelion and a patched kernel..

I think I can remove AHCI_3rdParty_SATA but haven't done that yet.. REMOVED

I also realised I have GenericUSBXHCI.kext installed.. I havent tried to remove that one yet..

vietnam tool was of no use.. but did no damage.. I also tried Slytherin.. had to back out the changes as it wouldn't boot with chamelion..  Here is a screen shot of where I'm Stuck when tryng to boot with clover..

Any help would be appreciated.. This laptop did boot with clover on 10.9.1 so I know its possible some how...

post-49464-0-45124800-1395329463_thumb.jpg

What is your usable graphics card? HD 4600 with nVidia Optimus? or nVidia only?

EDIT: It's nVidia only, no HD4600. Do you have full QE/CI with Chameleon?

FYI: nVidia 765M on Dell Alienware can be used with Clover by setting Inject nVidia=true and Inject EDID=true.

What is your usable graphics card? HD 4600 with nVidia Optimus? or nVidia only?

EDIT: It's nVidia only, no HD4600. Do you have full QE/CI with Chameleon?

FYI: nVidia 765M on Dell Alienware can be used with Clover by setting Inject nVidia=true and Inject EDID=true.

Yeah I belive its nvidia only, with 10.9.1 I was also able to use the hacked web drivers..... I haven't been able to get chamelion to do QE/CI, Didn't work with clover on 10.9.1 either but I did not try to inject EDID.. I'll be sure to try that as soon as I can get it to boot with clover..

Just a note, you have to use patched mach_kernel which matches your OS x version if you use Chameleon.

I'm using a patched 10.9.2 as you can see from the screen dump its Darwin 13.1.0.. I'm at a loss.. under 10.9.1 I didn't have to set any boot flags with clover other than the flag to use the nvidia web drivers if I wanted. If I get to the point where the is comes up do I need to set an edit or will clover figure it out? Is it also better to have clover figure ncap and the other cfg  :)string or do it myself. Under 10.9.1 my setting showed it as a built in screen where without any injection it didn't but then I had to also specify a vram setting of 2g otherwise it showed as 0