Asus G55VW - Requesting EDP Support

Choller

Good evening all,

Requesting EDP support/compatibility. I have been trying for about a week now, but no luck. Willing to donate.

Regards,

Choller

Specifications:

• CPU Type                     :Mobile QuadCore Intel Core i7-3610QM, 2500 MHz (25 x 100)
  • Video Adapter              :NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M (2 GB)
  • Motherboard Chipset   :Intel Panther Point HM77, Intel Ivy Bridge
  • Disk Drive                     :ST9750420AS (750 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)
  • RAM                              :12GB DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
  • Wifi                               :Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter
  • Bluetooth                      :Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetoothâ„¢ V4.0+HS
  • LAN                              :Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
  • Audio                            :VIA VT1802P @ Intel Panther Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller
  • HDMI                             :NVIDIA HDMI/DP @ nVIDIA GK107 - High Definition Audio Controller
  • USB 3.0                        :Intel Panther Point PCH - USB 3.0 xHCI Controller
  • USB 2.0                        :Intel Panther Point PCH - USB 2.0 EHCI Controller
  • Touchpad                     :ELAN Touchpad
  • Webcam                       :USB2.0 UVC HD WebCam
  • Card reader                 :Generic Card Reader
  • Monitor                         :LG Philips LP156WF1 [15.6" LCD]
  • Optical Drive                :DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM

asus-g55vw-system-dump.rar

asus-g55vw-specs.txt

Hello to you

I have the same system as you, with gtx660m card, and it's been almost one year since I regularly try to install OSX, but in vain.

Have you ever succeeded, and if so how solution. :geek:

For now I'm trying with this record:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6182-asus-g75vw/?hl=+asus + G75VW :arrow:

by changing the parameters of the video card ... :ugeek:

I hope ... :mrgreen:

Any update on this? I have a g75vw with the gtx660m and I am seeing people getting this card to work in 10.10 and 10.11 But I cannot seem to figure out how to make it work even with the new web drivers that are supposed to support it. I had a g75vw with the gtx670 and it worked awesome in 10.11 , I sold it for a good price and picked up this one that needed some parts. I can boot into 10.11 if i use nv_disable=1 (and removing nvda_drv=1 after installing web drivers) and nothing else works