Dell D820 Post Install No Network connectivity and not able to install EDP

epic2015

If it's an Intel GMA950 model that you  have, not the nVidia NVS 110/120M one, you can use the bootpack of a D620 Intel.

I downloaded the D620 boot pack and it is an extra folder. Do I add the contents to my extra folder or replace it ? mine has some kexts in it and a chameleon plist.

Issue 

-------------------

Zero network connectivity with ethernet.

No wireless network connectivity 

No Sound.  

Not sure of what else yet 

Was able to copy the version of EDP and put on USB. 

Tried to install but it stopped when said needs internet connection. 

Did I miss loading something?   Is there a way to do this manually by loading on USB  from good machine and porting over?  

Vitals:  

———————————

- Dell D820  

- Bios A09 

-Intel Core 2 CPU  T7200 @ Gghz  1.99 Ghz @2.00GB Ram 

-Display Adapeter Nvidia Quadro NVS 110M 

Network -  Not sure  I think it is a broadcom (Integrated) I have both an ethernet RJ-11 receptacle and Wireless on this device.  

Audio -  Not sure and not sure how to determine that.  

- My hack latest version

-  USB Created this AM using the My hack

- Trying to install Snow Leopard 10.6.3  (brought brand new retail version of this release) 

What I did

===============

Everything finally installed right on 3rd attempt 

Loaded bootpack for Dell D820 through Extras (Selected use my own) 

Booted up.. got the welcome to Mac screen with the visuals and prompts to register etc.  

However noticed in install log that it did not load (Wireless)  It said that this device did not have it  (It does)  

It did not load sound, sound is disabled 

No network connectivity.  Connected ethernet cable due to no wireless working, would not give me an ip address.  

Ran My Hack from USB again using the My fix (seeing if that would correct?)   It didn't 

Looking for suggestions please 

If you are still having a problem, use the D620 Pack found here: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=7463

Install ONLY the Ethernet Kext and reboot. Go into System Pref. and go into Network and apply the New Interface Found prompt.

I have the same model with the same question and it got fixed using this method.